Thursday, November 8, 2007

Build a Flower/Build a Brad



I bought the Accents and Elements Build-A-Flower tin a long time ago.... just for quick easy cards and scrap pages. And, that's what I need... quick and easy. I discovered that some of the self sticking pieces in the tin, fit perfectly into the center of the Build-A Brads! How perfect is that? Kinda cute I think. I'm hoping to whip up a bunch more. Couldn't be any easier! And sometimes, we all need a little easy eh?

Here's one more. Again, SUPER easy and under a minute to put together.. no kidding!









Here is the recipe:

Stamps: Much Appreciated, Short and Sweet.
Paper: Shimmery White, Rose Red Prints Designer Series Paper.
Ink: Rose Red
Other: Build-A-Flower, Build-A-Brad, Crafter's Tool Kit, White Taffeta Ribbon. Corner Rounder Punch.

Okay, so thanks for being patient, here is a quick tutorial on how to make the criss cross design with your corner rounder punch. This great idea was shared with me by one of my downline (and Aunt), Roseanne Knowles. Thanks babe! Remember, you can always click on the photos for a larger view. :)

Take your paper and line up the very edge of the V in the center of your corner rounder punch (guide removed).

If you want, you can start in the middle of your paper so that each end comes out equal. If so, just start in the middle and push the punch all the way in as if you are going to make a scallop edge. Continue with the following step.


Slide the punch down and continue to line up the end of the V notch with the edge of the uncut paper. Repeat this step until you reach the end.

Hope this makes sense with the photos... get a scratch piece of card stock and practice.... it's fun!

When you are done, it will look like this:




Click here to see another sample.



Sorry I haven't posted much this week. I've been struggling again with back issues. I see THE back Dr. on Monday. I'm hoping for a solution other than surgery and popping Advil like candy all day. It's SOOOO frustrating.

Hope y0u all have a great rest of the week. Thanks for stopping by!

~Cambria

©Stampin'Up! 1990-2007

24 comments:

Jami said...

Cambria,
Sorry to hear about your back. You can't do anything easily when your back is not right! As always, adorable cards! I have the accents and elements too...I will have to try to use them more often!
Jami

Heather said...

Sorry about your back. Very cool idea with the corner punch. So creative- it just makes the card look so elegant!

Unknown said...

Ingenious use of the corner rounder, you are so smart! Thanks for sharing that with us! Great cards! I love simple!

Misti said...

OOOOOOOOOOH I can so relate to the back thing!!! I hate it when mine acts up!! I'm usually down for a week when that happens! Very Cool technique with the corner rounder! I'll have to give that a try!!

Anonymous said...

What a clever use for the corner rounder. It adds the perfect finish to your cards. Sorry about your back!

Dawn Easton said...

Wonderful card! Love how you did the bottom and thank you very much for explaining!
Hope that the doctor has some good news and relief for you!!

pescbrico said...

I hope you will have a good meeting with the doc tomorrow. Your border with that punch is really neat! Thanks for sharing with us!

Carol (HB) said...

I'm so sorry about your back! Gosh that has gotta hurt!
Cami, your cards are beyond gorgeous as ALWAYS!!!!

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Sorry to hear about your back... I hope the doc can help you out. Thanks for the wonderful tutorial... I've been thinking about you and your punch...LOL

Michele Kovack said...

Love your cards, and thanks for the tutorial....never would have thought of that! I can sympathize with your back troubles. I have a 75 child with CP and lift her all day long....and it certainly takes its toll on me! I sure hope you feel better!

Christina Fischer said...

So sorry to hear about your back. Mine bothers me sometimes too -- it's frustrating when you have things to so (like stamp...)!! I hope you get some answers soon!

Adorable cards -- quick is good! Love the border you created with the corner rounder. You know, I've accidentally criss-crossed too far before when making my scallops -- I never thought to make it a design element! You're brilliant! :)

Kelly said...

Cambria,
Very nice cards. Sometimes simple is really best and these are great! I love the corner rounder tips. Thanks for sharing!

I'm so sorry about your back. I never had back issues until almost four years ago when we had a car accident. I still have problems and have LOTS of empathy for others with back pain. I hope you can find a less painful solution!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Sorry about your back!!

Thanks for this cool idea, can't wait to try it.

rozie640 said...

Adorable card, now to go give that corner rounder technique a try. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Super easy, but "super cute". Great use with the punch. I have scalloped but never thought to try this...very nice and clever!
Have a wonderful weekend.

DeniseLynn said...

Great cards - Oh yes sometimes we all need simple and easy. Oh and when we make others smile with the cards we send it's the best feeling AND the easier it is the more we make and the more smiles there are in the world. About your back - I have back and neck issues and have for several years. I have discovered that accupuncture is my friend. I know it's not for everyone but if you have an opportunity to try it you should. It's not invasive like surgery and it's painless ... in fact I almost always fall asleep during my treatment. It can be pricey but has literaly saved me from despair! Best wished to you, I hope you find relief soon one way or the other.

Anonymous said...

Hope your are feeling better and that you don't need any surgery. I love your cards. And your idea is out of this world amazing. Man you're smart!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cambria! I like these two cards alot! The colours are gorgeous! And thank you for showing us how to do the bottom edge with the corner punch! Cool idea & very simple to do!
I saw on your blog awhile ago about how you use the Scor Pal...cutting a long story short...I GOT ONE! I ordered it from Australia as it was easier for me. What I want to now is, HOW did I ever manage without one??? I used it once & was TOTALLY hooked! I just LOVE it!
I've made some cards which I will eventually put up pn my blog.
So thank you for advetising the Scorpal! It is amazing what you can do with it!
Hugs from Sunshine
PS hope your back improves, I too have back problems :-(
Take care xo

Anonymous said...

I love your card and the tutorial. It makes a cool pattern. Thanks for sharing.

CeeCee said...

Oh my God! What a fantastic idea! You rock, Cambria!!!
CeeCee

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your back. I can related to the constant back pain. Hope everything goes well at the Doc. These cards are great! Thanks for the great tutorial. Will have to give it a try.

Conniecrafter said...

very cool techinique, thanks for sharing!

Singapore Florist said...

nice share for your card tutoril. thanks cami

Valentine Day Flowers said...

it's a nice creation indeed.