Sunday, February 25, 2007

Round Tab Punch Tutorial



This is how it started..... I had a piece of this beautiful paper left over from a swap and I wanted to make a pretty tab. I turned my punch over and stuck my paper in so that I could see exactly where I wanted my tab to be, then punched. I was thrilled with the cute little tab I had made in seconds thanks to that cool new paper and punch.









Then, I started to look at the piece left over. I couldn't throw it away! I got out some whisper white card stock and started measuring until I got a piece to slide in. You need the width to be 1 7/16 to fit perfect. The height will depend on how long your piece of paper is. You can see my end results here.



Then, I reached for another scrap. :)











This piece started out the same as above, I was going to slide a piece of whisper white in the middle. I ended up cutting this in half and using it on just the bottom of this card , but you could do the same and add one to the top and one to the bottom. It is much easier this way because you can cut your card stock any width you want and just add the accent. No trying to measure the top of one and the bottom of the other.


Later, I cut a piece as long as I wanted, then added the accent tab to the bottom by picking up the punch, turning it over, so I could see, then punching. I then, cut a piece of card stock the same length and slipped it in right under the new tab. :)

You can then trim the bottom part to show as little or as much as you want.

Hope this all made sense. Can't wait to see what you do with your new Round Tab punch!








30 comments:

Bevie Pearl said...

Thanks for the tutorial..I can't wait to get the punch and the paper in March!! (They don't call it March Madness for nothing!!)

Anonymous said...

You are wonderful! Thanks for the quick tutorial!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to your blog - very inspiring! I can't wait to get started! Your enthusiasm is contagious! We keep a personal family blog, too! I know we'll meet soon!

Jackie said...

Love it - thanks for the tutorial! I am always amazed how creative people can get with punches!

Heidi said...

Thank you so much for sharing this with those of us who were scratching our heads! Great step by step tutorial and pictures ALWAYS help!

Unknown said...

you're amazing!

Beth said...

OH MY GAWD! I AM SUCH A STINKIN ZOINKS! This is great Cami - IMADORK! I had no idea what you were doing! LOL

That is why you are the MASTAH - I am the STUDENT!

Anonymous said...

damn, you're good, cami! Have I told you that lately?

Chris Smith said...

Wow, how do you come up with this? I knew I'd get this punch sooner or later. Sooner, definitely sooner! You should get extra commission for this one!

Melissa K. said...

Wow! How clever are you?! Thanks for sharing your ability to bring imagination to reality.

Anonymous said...

WOW! this is great! I love punches and the more cool ideas the better! thanks so much for sharing!
Pam

Kimberly said...

You are brilliant my friend! What great uses for a punch!!! Can't wait to show my customers how worth the money this one is.

Cindy Lyles said...

"OMG OMG OMG!!!" she types as she falls out of her chair in complete and utter amazement!!!!!! OH CAMI this SOOOOOO FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the tip cambria! awesome!

Tami McBeain said...

You're the bomb baby! Simply genius! Thanks for sharing your find!

Craft Accident said...

You clever lady you! Love this!

Carol Dunstan said...

what fabulous ideas! Thanks for sharing :-D

Amy Wood said...

Cambria, you never cease to amaze me. I look forward to your creations on a daily basis. No that I know you have a blog, holy cow! You inspire me.

Anonymous said...

This punch reminded me of a piece of toast...now you've enabled me to purchase it without looking back! Thanks for sharing your idea!

Kim said...

Cambria, this is such a well-done tutorial! Would it be okay if I include it on my Great Tutorials page? I sure would like others to find it, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great tutorial. I used it and, hope you don't mind, but I'm sending my blogees to your blog for the how-to. I'm at www.cateredcrop.typepad.com.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Cami, you are amazing -- GREAT ideas!!

Anonymous said...

You just made me that much happier that I ordered this punch! Should be here this week and can't wait to try this out! Thanks so much for sharing your idea w/ us!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous tutorial on that punch -- such clever, creative and cute ideas!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Anonymous said...

Howdy! This great post was selected to for today’s Paper Punch Carnival at Craft Critique. You can find your post linked here…
http://www.craftcritique.com/2007/03/paper-punch-carnival.html

We hope you are as excited as we are about this carnival.

If you feel like sharing some "link love" with us... well, we are all for it! But we are OK if you don't too! :) Either way, thanks for posting something so terrific!

Let us know if for some reason you'd like your link removed... we'll do it ASAP.

-Sarah Moore
Editor of Craft Critique
http://www.craftcritique.com

Susie said...

Thank you so much for this tutorial - will use these tips lots. I just love your stamping

Anonymous said...

Super cool. TFS al lthe great tips. I love how U use it as a lab/hinge thingy. :o)

Erin said...

Oh my heck! That was great. I had no intention of getting this and now it's a must have for my next order. You rock!

Charmingdesigns said...

I love the shape of this punch, do I have to go to a party to get one? Laurie

Tonniece said...

WOW how cool Thanks for the cool tip.
Great cards, love your blog