Monday, September 24, 2007
Batty For You Basket
I was shopping down the candy isle and spotted these little peppermint patties and like the cartoons, a light bulb lit over my head. Well, maybe not, but it felt like it. Anyway, this is what I came up with. There were 43 mints in the bag so I made the little boxes to fit four each.... and a few extra to eat while you work. These are super easy and would be a snap to mass produce... especially if you own a Scor-Pal. I love my Scor-pal... have I told you that?
Here is a list of the supplies:
Stamps: Batty for You, Party Punch
Paper: Only Orange, Basic Black, Creepy Crawly DS paper, Whisper White.
Ink: Basic Black, Elegant Eggplant, Only Orange
Other: Candy, Scallop Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Crop-a-dile, Large Eyelets, Round Tab Punch, Circle Punches, Hodgepodge Kit, Grosgrain and Gingham Ribbon, Scor-Pal.
Ready? Did I tell you these are easy peasy?
1. Cut your card stock 5 x 5 inches. Score each end at 1.5 inches
2. Cut on the score lines on the two top scores and the bottom scores lines. (see photo)
3. Cut your designer paper 2 x 1.5 and adhere to each center piece.
4. If you want a scalloped edge, use your corner rounder (with the guide taken off). Start in the center of each flap and work your way to the edge.
5. If you do the scallop, you will have to trim down the inside flaps so that they don't show through the scalloped part when put your box together.
6. Add the large eyelets to two sides with your Crop-a-dile.
7. Apply adhesive to your undecorated flaps and put your box together.
8. Add ribbon or card stock for your handle, decorate as you please.
9. Sandwich your candy peppermint patties with the decorated Circle Scallops and add to your basket.
Set them on your co-workers desk or for teacher. And, have a happy, fun, safe Halloween!
Thanks for stopping by today. I have some more Halloween treats to show you, but I NEED to catch up on some laundry today. Hope you all had a great weekend!!