Sunday, March 25, 2007

Happy Spring!


I love Spring. Here in Oregon, everything is green, green, green, and the flowers are just beautiful. It is suppose to rain all of spring break, but today, the sun is popping out in between the clouds, so I'm hoping that weather man is wrong.

This was the card we did at my workshop on Saturday. I don't know who the brilliant person was who first discovered that the new
round tab punch could be turned into a basket. If it was you, jot me a note and I'd be happy to give you credit and link to your blog or gallery. I first saw the tab punch basket in Tallymom's gallery. There is a link to her gallery in the Here comes Peter post below. The ones that I kept seeing used a weave stamp on caramel or brown card stock to make a real looking basket. I don't have a weave stamp, so I reached for my favorite DS paper. I had to use the items in this month's special with Stampin'Up! so that my customers could pick out a stamp set from the mini at 50% off.

The basket is just punched out with the
round tab punch, the handle is both the small oval and large oval punches. Just grab a piece of scrap paper, punch out about 2/3 of the small oval punch, then punch over that cut with the large oval punch. The little rim of the basket is also something I added. My friend Katrina Kopp (she is a stampin' genius) had done that on her punch tab and I thought it added something extra to my little spring basket. You use the round tab punch and punch just the round end portion out on a piece of scrap paper, then you line it up exactly where you just punched out a piece and punch again as long as you want your little edge. The easter eggs are scraps of designer paper and card stock punched out with the small Oval punch. There is a dimensional closed up inside the basket to give it depth and keep it all closed and tidy.


This is the first punch you make for the basket rim.

This is the second and final cut








This isn't a trifold card. The base (pink) is 4 1/4 x 4 1/4. The cool caribbean piece is 4x8 then folded in half, then trimmed 1/2 inch off the right side. Use the
slit punch on the top for the closure. To add a little accent to the closure, punch out a circle with the 1/2 inch circle punch and add a colored brad. The cool caribbean card stock is wheeled with craft whisper white using the new petals jumbo wheel. Happy is stamped from the Polka Dot and Paisley stamp set, and the spring stamp is from Everyday Flexible Phrases.

We also made a sour cream container. We've done these before in my clubs, but it's been awhile, and they are just perfect for Easter basket treats. We used a different design in class, but I also demo'd how to do versamark resist on this card. I had the piece left over so I made a sour cream container out of it too. It was very pretty in glossy!

These are super easy!! Just use a piece of 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of card stock, stamp as desired. Place adhesive across the bottom of one long end, and
sticky strip along one short side. Peel your sticky strip and roll into a round tube shape and adhere. Squeeze the end that has the adhesive on it together. Put that end into your crimper and roll up and back three to four times. Add your candy, then turn your container the opposite direction, squeeze that end together and run in through the crimper. Punch two holes in that end, run ribbon through. Punch out a couple daisies with the daisy punch and punch a holes in the middle of both. Run both ends of your ribbon through the holes in your daisies and then tie in a knot. Your container is closed nicely and the recipient can get the candy out without destroying the pouch.

Thanks for visiting today!! Hope you all got to stamp this weekend!! Don't forget to contact your Stampin'Up! demo so that you don't miss out on this awesome Spring Fever special!!!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am astonished. Those are both too cute!

Anonymous said...

Cami: You are the Round Tab Punch QUEEN!

You Betcha!

Amy Rohl said...

You *ARE* the queen of all punches I must say. The eggs, handle and basket are absolutely adorable! Genius you are Ü

Anonymous said...

AWESOME Cami!!!! You do MAGIC with punches - and stamping! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'll bet they loved this project! Thanks for sharing all this great info, Cami!

Bevie Pearl said...

You amaze me with your talent!!

Rose Ann said...

Love your Easter basket punch card! Very cute and clever!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Cami, I LOVE your sourcream container! I had forgotten all about these. I have made so many in the past, but never with the resist method. So beautiful!
Debbie

Anonymous said...

How you do it with new punch ideas, I will never know. I bow to the Queen of Punches! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!!

Unknown said...

Aww...that basket is just hte cutest! Great blog! Love your fabulous style!

Joan said...

Too clever for words...

Stampin In Newfoundland said...

Awesome work. I will have to try the Easter Basket card.
Thanks for sharing

bichonpawz said...

Your Cards ROCK! Thanks so much for sharing....I hope that someday I'll be able to do work half as good!

Anonymous said...

Cami....you are on fire! I love your little rabbit and this sour cream container is totally rocking!
Love ya sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, SHUT UP!!

I love the Easer basket!!!

You're the BOMB, BABY!!!!!

Lindsay Anne said...

I love your use of punches, what fabulous ideas!

Anonymous said...

I will be totally CASE'ing this card. You are such a clever one, you are.

Charmaine G

Charmingdesigns said...

Ohhhh! I've gotta try this one!! another use for that punch!! I love this pouch!!Laurie