Friday, June 27, 2008

Paper Piecing is FUN!


Hey everyone! Today was another Hanna Stamp Challenge. You can check the member forums at SCS and play along each Friday. Or, play along over the weekend or week... just come and play, it's fun! Today's challenge was masking. Okay, so I didn't do any masking with other stamps, but I did mask before I got out my Copic Airbrush for the background.

I had quite a few emails asking about paper piecing so I thought I'd show ya real quick. It's fun and it adds dimension and fun to your cards.

Are you ready? Paper Piecing 101.



Step One: Stamp your image on the card stock that you will use as the focal point. color in the portion that you will not paper piece. Do any masking or other coloring.

Step Two:
Stamp your image again on to your designer paper.


Step Three:
Cut out the portion that you want to piece into your main image.

Step Four:
Glue your pieces onto the main image. I use the Quickie Glue Pen because you can get the glue in tight spots and only where you want it.

Hope that makes sense. I know having a visual sometimes makes it tons easier. I hope you'll give it a try!

Here is the recipe:

Stamps: Bookworm, Small Breed (Hanna Stamps)
Paper: Georgia Pacific White, Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, Chatterbox Rosey Villa Vines.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers.
Other: Nesties, Cuttlebug, Dimensionals, Eclipse Masking Tape, Sakura Glaze & Glitter Pens, Heidi Swapp Pink & Brown Brads, Copic Airbrush System, Scor-Pal.

Have a great weekend everyone!

11 comments:

Lori Barnett said...

Love the card :) I also love the paper piecing. It's so much fun with all the different patterned papers!

Anonymous said...

Like it

Michelle said...

Great job on the tutorial Cammie. Thanks.. the visual helps us directiono impaired gals..

Michelle

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow, what a cool card. TFS.

Kristine said...

HI (again) Cammi!! You inspired me to get paper piecing today--LOVE IT!! Thanks again for sharing it with us.

DeeDee said...

OMG!!! You are THE QUEEN I'm tellin' ya!!!! This is so AMAZING girlie!!!! I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! What great paper piecing. I can't ever get mine that straight! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

WooHoo! Thank you, Cambria for the tutorial. Now I'll have try it out for myself.

Ashley Newell said...

Great tutorial and awesome card! Thanks for sharing!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

LOVE this card! Paper piecing is so cool - and you do it SO WELL!!

Libby Hickson said...

I love your paper piecing on this one!