Saturday, June 28, 2008

Note Cards In a Box To Go


Happy Saturday! I'm off to the lake to celebrate my Gramma's 88th birthday! She loves to send out note cards, especially when they are handmade by me. *wink*

We are all pitching in on a new swing for her new porch so that she can sit out in the evenings and read or enjoy the sunset. It's going to be such a surprise... and I can't wait to spend some evenings with her swinging and watching the kids play. You can't really wrap that up though, so I decided to make her something for her desk.

These are note cards... I believe the original idea was from the amazing Taylor and I saw some adorable ones by my friend Mish too.




I used all the sentiments from the Absolutely Fabulous stamp set... one on the top, and one in bottom corner. I LOVE that stamp set.. the font is SO pretty. So, now she can easily thumb through by looking at the top and see which card to pick. 12 note cards and envelopes fit nicely... with a bit of room to boot. The box is one piece of 12x12 matching designer paper. You can get the pattern here. The flower on the note card is punched out from the left over Die Cut Blooms (will take a photo and show you later). That idea was from the brilliant Patty Bennett. Use your Circle Punch and go over the left over spot from where you popped the small flowers out. Hope you didn't throw those away. Oh, and Monday is the last chance to order those fun flowers and the designer paper out of the Occasions Mini! :)

The Recipe:

Stamps: Absolutely Fabulous (Stampin'Up!)
Paper: Summer Picnic Designer Paper, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Whisper White.
Ink: Basic Black
Other: 1 3/8 inch Circle Punch, Round Scallop Punch, Die cut Blossoms, Dimensionals, Stampendous Dot Stickers, Scor-Pal.

Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Jana O'Brien said...

This is adorable, Cambria! I know she will love it!

Allison said...

This is adorable! How big does the box end up and are all the fold lines visible (it doesn't look like it in your photo)?

Rachelle said...

love this. I saw Mish's note cards and loved them...now I have the box to put them in too. thanks!

Alex said...

This is too cute Cami, I am sure she will LOVE it!! Have fun and enjoy that swing! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Memories of Time said...

It depends on how big you make the bottom fold that determines what size the box will be. No, there is not visible folded lines except for on the sides where it can be folding in a bit (like a regular bag).
Thanks girls! :)

Chantelle said...

These are so cute. Can't wait to get some of that DP - it's nearly here in Aust.

MichelleY said...

Oh Cami....this is flippin AMAZING! You are a ROCK STAR!!! Also, I love how sweetly you care about the special people in your life.....like your grandma! I hope you share a TON of sunsets on the swing, Cami!

Susan said...

This is so adorable. I make my bags, by purchasing the big white envelopes (Staples) & decorate 2 pieces c.s, cut to fit the bag-a-lope. I wheel it, before putting it together. I really like your patters, though. THX. for sharing.

DeeDee said...

Oh my, what a sweet gift Cami!! So very adorable for a Grandma to receive this type of gift from her granddaughter!! She's gonna love it....I sure do!!

StinkerbellSteph said...

Super duper cute! Thanks for the great inspiration Cambria! I love how you used the blooms and the punched out 5 petal then circle punched. Darling!

Anonymous said...

This is darling, Cami! Happy birthday to your Gramma. I know she loved this little gift!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

This is a FABULOUS ensemble! WOW! Your Gramma will be IN LOVE!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

I have tried several times to print this pattern from other sites as well and cannot get it to fully print. Any suggestions. I am not that computer savy so it may be a simple fix but any help would be sooooo appreciated. Love your notecards. I have to do these!
Nikki