Monday, June 23, 2008

New Riley's in DA House!!


Have you seen all the new Riley's? Oh man... they are all SO cool. So many Meese, so little time. LOL. I'm in Meese heaven and can't wait to stamp them all!

I missed the PJ party at SCS on Friday. I was so sad. I had a very scary weekend. My sweet Grandma called and told me she couldn't breathe. My heart sank when I got her to the hospital and they thought she was having a heart attack. Filled my big girl panties, then called my parents. I managed not to cry in front of Gramma. They admitted her and took good care of her. They now think she was getting pneumonia an it wasn't a heart attack. THANK GOD. She gets to come home today! Her new house will be done soon, and she will be right next door.... I can't wait to have her closer so that we can all be there for her and make sure she is always comfortable and safe.

Back to the card. I got those pretty brads from Hanna Stamps. They are the pink and brown collection from Heidi Swapp. I'm so happy to have some brown brads! And, well, you know I can never have too much pink of anything. The designer paper is from Chatterbox and it's called Rosey Villa Vines. Riley is colored with Copic Markers and paper pieced with the same Chatterbox paper. The antlers are covered with glue from the Quikie Glue pen, then covered with Caramel Latte Tan Fun Flock.

The Recipe:

Stamps: Riley Stamps (Hanna Stamps)
Paper: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Chatterbox Rosey Villa Vines.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers.
Other: Copic Air Brush System, Nesties, Cuttlebug, Heidi Swapp Brads, White Taffeta Ribbon, Crafter's Tool Kit, Quickie Glue Pen, Fun Flock, Dimensionals, Janome Sew Mini, Scor-Pal.

Hope you all had a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by.

17 comments:

Tiffany said...

Way too cute! Great colors and I always love Riley!!!

Glad to hear your Grandma is ok. It gets scary when they get older and things happen.

Take care.

Michele Kovack said...

I am so glad your Grandma is ok and coming home! How scary! Your Riley is adorable!!!

Tammy said...

Adorable card!! So glad your Grandma is OK!!

Tammy

Jenny Mick said...

I hope Grandma keeps getting better, I'm so glad it wasn't a heart attack!

The card is just adorable.

Shelly said...

So cute, love the colors. Glad Grandma is doing well!

Broni said...

What a cute card! I love the expression on that little guy's face!
So glad that Grandmas is doing better. I know you'll love having her close and she'll love it too!

Stephanie Hargis said...

I just love Riley! He is ADORABLE as is your card! :D I just ordered some and I am super excited! I have a question for you though, if you buy Riley unmounted, are you supposed to mount him on something or can he be used with an acrylic block like the clear stamps?

Memories of Time said...

Hi Stephani!

Yes, get a sheet of eZmount, and then mount and trim on that.Then, he'll stick to any acrylic block. LOVE eZmount. :)

Pam Varnell said...

What a precious card. I love all the Riley Moose cards you do. Too precious!! Glad Gramma is doing OK and that God is watching over her.

Pam

MJ said...

Thank God Grandma is ok. How wonderful you will have her so close. What a blessing to you both. You did a fabulous job on this card too. Just adorable.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your Grandma is okay! Cute card, I can see you love your meesen hehehe

Janette said...

Hi Cambria,

That card is SO cute.....would cheer anyone up.
Sorry to hear about your Grandma but pleased that she is getting better and she will be so lucky to live by you....
Hugs
Janette x

Leigh OBrien said...

OMG, Cami! Where does this continual awesomeness come from? This little Riley card is so daggone cute...the coloring, the papers...everything about it is fabulous. YOU ROCK!

My Paper World said...

Awwwww! so adorable! Glad to hear that your Grandma is going to be ok. xx

Anonymous said...

First of all, glad to hear that your grandmother is doing ok.

I check your blog everyday, even tho I don't comment all the time. I LOVE YOUR WORK!!!!! They have given me a lot of inspiration.

I do have a question - how do you paper piece Riley stamps? I own a several (read: lots) of them and want to try the technique.

Thanks and as the saying goes, keep up the great work! :o)

Kathy W said...

The new Riley stamps are just way too cute! I love this one and the school one. Pretty colors on this card and DP. Glad to hear your Grandma is ok; sorry that your weekend was so stressful.

DeeDee said...

Oh he's so dang CUTE!!! I love it!!! I hope your Gramma is feeling better by now.....so scary!!!