Sunday, June 8, 2008

Bloomin' Beautiful


Dang..... every single mini, I tell myself to only get a couple sets.... do I listen to myself? NO. I think I bought almost every set in there. This set, I'm blaming on the Nancy's. Yes... Nancy's.... Nancy Morgan and Nancy Littrell. Both are VERY talented stampers and very sweet friends, but so very bad for my pocket book.

I dropped by Nancy Morgan's house the other day and she showed me the coolest thing (I will share later, I promise). As she was showing me, I spied this set out on her counter. Well, come to find out it was Nancy L's set that she was returning. So, I quickly stamped out a few images just to play with. I should have known better. You'd think I'd know better. This is a sickness.... I am indeed a sick woman. LOL. I needed a couple sympathy cards, so this is what I came up with.

Of course coloring is so much fun now that I have some Copic markers. I started by adding just a touch of blue to the flowers with B21, then I added the darker shaded parts with BV01, then I want back and blended it all together with BV00. I went back one more time and added a little more BV01 to the centers. Then, I added just a touch of sparkle with my Sakura Stardust Pen, then to finish it off, added black centers with my Sakura Glaze pen... it raised just a bit, so they look embossed. SO pretty in real life.






If you click on the photo you can see a larger version and see some of the shine and shimmer. It's so hard to capture with photos.


Here is the recipe:


Stamps: Bloomin' Beautiful, Pretty Petals Background, Brighter Tomorrow (Stampin'Up!)
Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, Almost Amethyst.
Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black, Copic Markers, Whisper White Craft.
Other: Crafter's Tool Kit, Cuttlebug + Nesties, White Tafteta Ribbon, Vintage Brads, Dimensionals, Photo Corner Punch, Sakura Stardust Pen, Sakura Glaze Pen, Colorless Blender Pen (Copic), Janome Sew Mini, Scor-Pal.

Oh, speaking of my love/obsession with Copics..... my Copic Idol and stalkee Marianne Walker has a blog now! OMG, if you haven't been there, you MUST go. That woman is AMAZING. Be warned though... if you are on the fence about purchasing Copics, DO NOT GO. There, you've been warned. Now, go and check it out... click at your own risk: I Like Markers.

Hope you had a great weekend. I'm going to be stalking my UPS man this week waiting for my very own Bloomin' Beautiful set to arrive. After all..... you can only get it until the end of June. Time is running out on everything in the Occasions Mini, so check it out and make sure you have everything you "NEED". I'm so happy I'm not the only one with this sickness. *wink
*

22 comments:

Jennifer said...

Fabulous! I love those colOrs!

Sharon in NE said...

and may you never get well. :D

Rachelle said...

sympathy cards are so hard...that sentiment is perfect. very lovely

Anonymous said...

these are beautiful Cambria. i have this set but I have had a hard time getting that pot of plants to look good. You nailed it chick!

pescbrico said...

If it can confort you, you are not the only "sick" person around here :) LOL This is really beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us all :)

jjcreations said...

Wow, these cards are gorgeous. I love how you've coloured both the flowers and the vase. Wonderful. Joan

Alex said...

Wonderful coloring - you made this set beautiful and this is the only one (there, I said it!!) that I DIDN'T buy!!! I am as bad as you, buying everything out of the mini BUT this one WAS really yummy!!! Hah! Like I won't do it again....your card is gorgeou though and I am sure you will create FABULOUS things once your set reaches you! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

A Stamper's Journey said...

This card is so cute! I love the colors you chose for this card. It looks really pretty.
Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Oh Cami, your cards are just gorgeous and will be so appreciated and treasured. You are going to love your new set :-) Your friend, Nancy L

Libby Hickson said...

This card is so gorgeous - I can't blame you for NEEDING this set. :-) And thanks for pointing us to Marianne's blog - OMG - I am going to have to STUDY everything that woman is posting!!

Terri said...

Cami, I am also a very sick woman! I started out, not really wanting this set, and didn't order it at first. But, the longer I looked at the mini, the more I wanted every set in the crazy thing! It is a true sickness. Good thing there is a wonderful support group for all of us in many blogs and SCS! :-)

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful card Cambria. You coloured those flowers so wonderfully~!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

These are awesome and the pretty petals bg is perfect with those flowers. Love it in blue and white.

Kim Williams said...

Beautifully done Cami! I figure if they ever start a "Stampers Anonymous" I am going to have to lead the first meeting...lol! I was the same way about "She's All That" until a friend of mine ordered it from me. I think I inked it before she did...now I love it. Gratefully she is a very good friend and constantly leaves her stamps at my house for me to play with.

Now I am going to Marianne's sight. You enabler, you!

Thanks for another beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Great job with this set...I too have the sickness and ordered almost the whole mini. The copic blog is wonderful and I am learning a lot, but I still have a ways to go. Now I need to get control over my Copic want!

dr.fine

MichelleY said...

THUD!!! These cards took my breath away. The soft colors pop off the flower petals. You are AMAZING, Girl!

Valerie said...

I'd say your favorite word but this is a public place! DANG, woman, this is gorgeous!

Jennifer Love said...

Beautiful! I've been eying this set. I totally blame you if I buy it. LOL!

Juli Smith, said...

This is so lovely! I am a sucker for blues and purples though - lol. I just don't want to stop looking at it - the colors are so eye-pleasing! (Now that's what I'd call a real *sickness* - heehee) As someone else here said - if I buy this set now - you are totally the blame. ;) I always learn something new about Copics when I visit - I was wondering why I can't seem to blend my colors like I'd like - SMACK! I don't have enough Copics yet! bwahahaha
Love & friendship, Juli

Pam said...

Ohhhhhhh, just beautiful Cami!!

nancy said...

you're a stamping genius...this card is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

Ooh and aaaaaaah!!!!!!!! WOW girl - you are a Copic MASTAH!