Monday, June 22, 2009

Cami's Bib Shirt Tutorial



Okay... so, I was a little surprised by all the requests for the pattern, so I decided to show you real quick. I don't like this card as much as the one in the previous post, but when I was throwing it together, I thought how cute would it be to have that Made in the USA stamp on the front? It could even be a baby announcement! Look at at all the cute stamps from the set All about the USA that would work for this card? Fun huh? If I have time this week, I'm making more! For this card, I used two stamp sets, Sweet Treats and Let Freedom Ring. I'm totally in love with Kaisercraft Rhinestones! Do you see them on the stars and on the flowers at the bottom of the card? I need more colors! Okay.... here's how to make this super easy card. I can't wait to see your version, so I hope you share with me!

Step One:

Cut your regular size A2 card stock whatever color you want the shirt to be. 5.5 x 8.5, scored at 4.25.

Open the arm of your Fiskars cutter and lay the open end of the card flush against the top. The side of your card should be flush with the edge of the cutter. Your scored end will be facing you.





Step Two:


Place the arrow on the side of the orange cutter on the three, then press down, through both pieces of the cardstock

Push it all the way to the end (towards the bottom of your card, or the opening).

Flip the card and repeat on the other end.



Your cut piece should look like this.

Step Three:

Measure down one inch from the top score line, and make a small mark. Cut from that mark in to the cut you made on the sides to make your sleeves.









This is what your card should look like now. If you want the same color bib, you can save the side pieces for the straps.










Step Four:

Take a circle punch and make your neckline.


Tip: To make a scallop neckline, punch out another half circle on another piece of cardstock, then go right over the top and punch again, but use a scallop punch. That will give you a nice little piece to glue over the exact spot on your t-shirt neckline.








Step Five:


Make your front bib pieces. The front piece will be three inches in length, but I cut at 3 1/4 if I use a border punch along the bottom. The width I just measure and cut... it seems to always be a tad different. Cut your overall straps at whatever width you want, by 1.5. Decorate and then glue to the front of your card!



See... I told you it was easy! I'd love to see what you make with my little pattern. Please stop back by and leave me a link. :) I hope to make some more this week. Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Both of them are darling! Thanks for the tutorial!

Tracey said...

Just adorable Cami! Thanks for the tut!!

Heidi said...

it really is a beauty!

Ramona said...

Girl you are somethin' else! I do not know how you keep the fresh ideas flowing, but I like it!

Chrisd said...

So very cute thank you, thank you! Can't wait to create my own but it is evening Bible School week and when I get home at 9:15pm... I don't know. I promise soon to try it out!

Pam said...

Oh man....this is darling Cami, I need to try this!

Night Web Directory said...

Hello mate, I want to thank you for this nice blog. Would you mind telling me some secrets for a succesful blog ? Which could attract some visitors than it normally does. Please come visit my site FreeAdultEntertainment when you got time.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Cami, these are so adorable! oh my goodness!

Libby Hickson said...

OMGosh this is the cutest thing EVER!! I soooo have to try this for a Courtney's Closet outfit-inspired card! :-)

Creatique Candy said...

Thank YOU soo much for this. I was on the hunt today to find a tutorial to create a card for my DH and found your link via Nona Pearl. ;) So I wanted to share with you my "Sophia" paper card. Thank You so much for your tutorial.