Saturday, June 20, 2009

All About the USA


Good Afternoon Stampers! Happy Father's Day weekend to you all! We are celebrating Father's Day AGAIN. LOL. Yep... I could have swore Father's Day was LAST weekend. We got my husband a new grill, we got a nice steak dinner to BBQ, I even made a huge Father's Day breakfast. Averie made him the nicest card. Then, he went to work on Sunday, ran into some friends and said, "Enjoying Father's Day with your Dad today huh? His friend had his son with him. His friend said "Uh... it's not Father's Day until next weekend". My husband was like, "No way dude, I got a new BBQ, had a steak dinner, got a huge breakfast today...." "Look at the calendar... it's next weekend." He called me as soon as his friend took off.. I had no clue. I don't know which day it is.. seriously! LOL. Oh well, it's worth celebrating twice right? My husband isn't complaining.


Last week, in our forums, the stamp set All About the USA was the Spotlight Set of the Week. I combined that set, with Let Freedom Ring, to make a 4th of July card. I really like how it turned out. I used a Cuttlebug Folder which is really flowers, but looks like fireworks to me... I'm sorry, I don't know the name of the folder. The stars are made with my Small Star Stampin'Up! punch, with Kaisercraft Blue Rhinestones in the centers. I used our Cosmo Crystal ultra fine Sparkles on the stars on the hat applied with my all time favorite Quickie Glue pen.
I also added some sparkle to the banner with my Stardust Glitter Pen, which is hard to see in the photo, but adds extra shazam to the card.

Hope you have a terrific weekend! Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

SUPER cool! I love that set, and I really need to play around with those images. Awesome!

Etha said...

LOL, thanks for the chuckle! I think if it were to them we could have Father's day every weekend!
Love the rich colors on your card, super stamps too!

hollybeary creations said...

You were not alone..lol I did the same thing last weekend.. I could of sworn it was Father's Day last Sunday as well!

Heidi said...

beautiful 4th of july cards Cami- all of them are wonderful.

Jan Hennings said...

Beautiful card!