Monday, October 22, 2007

Hanna, the Fairy, and Leanne

Remember the other day when I was telling you about Portland, and Sharon letting us play with her Copic Markers and how AMAZING Leanne can color? Well, here are the images she colored for me. I made the cards, but Leann did all the amazing coloring with the Copic Markers. When she asked what color for the Fairy, pink automatically blurted from my mouth. When she asked about Hanna, I restrained and said "whatever you want babe". DANG... girl can color huh?!

I'm not sure of the name of this style of card. I first got one from a super talented gal on SCS named OregonStamper. Here is her card and the instructions. At Stampin'Up! Regionals, they showed us a version of this style and it got my wheels turning. I did the same thing, but with the set they gave us from Regionals using the Coluzzle to make a circle.

This is the inside... hopefully you can see how it opens. It stays closed with the new Build a Brad from Stampin'Up! OMG... these are cool! You just punch out any image or paper with your 1/2 inch circle punch, then glue it on the brad, then cover with the clear toppers. If you place it just barely under your flap, it tucks in just enough to keep the front part closed and also pulls out easily to open.

Again, Leann colored this beautiful fairy for me with Copic Markers while we were in Portland. She really just "pops" off the paper in real life.

The bottom portion of this card is SO pretty. I need a shimmery/glitter button on the screen. LOL. My friend Mounds (okay, so really her name is Joy), was giving away some free Glimmer Mist over the weekend, so it challenged me to open it up and give it a try. I started with Stampin'Up Shimmery White card stock, then sprayed it with Snowflake Glimmer mist. I put too much on, so I reached for a sponge to dab it around, and the sponge had some Regal Rose ink on it so turned it a pretty rosie color! How cool is that? I wish you could see how glimmery it is!! I waited for it to dry and stamped The Snowflake first with Blush Blossom classic ink, then Regal Rose.

This card opens the same was as the one above, but instead of a brad to keep it closed, I used those cool little magnets. Thanks so much Leanne for coloring my images!! I want those markers... it's on my list... my ever growing list. LOL.

Here are the complete recipes:

Stamps: Hanna Stamps, But I NEED it
Paper: Blue Bayou, Shimmery White (Stampin'Up!), Tang, Beach Blossoms paper (Chatterbox)
Ink: Palette Noir Black, Copic Markers
Other: Build-a-Brad, Stitched Blue Bayou Ribbon, Slot Punch, Corner Rounder Punch,Crafter's Tool Kit, Scor-Pal.

Stamps: Fairy, Snowflake (Lizzie Anne Designs)
Paper: Shimmery White, Blush Blossom, Pink Passion, Regal Rose (Stampin'Up!)
Ink: Palette Noir Black, Copic Markers, Blush Blossom, Regal Rose.
Other: Coluzzle, Pink Gingham, Cuttlebug, Sledding Embossing Folder, Janome Sew Mini, Scor-pal, Corner Rounder Punch, Glitter Pen, Magnetic Snaps.


Hope you all had a nice weekend. I've got new stamps from Hanna on the way to my house (just wait till you see.... omgosh, I'm excited). And, new Gina K too! Gina K has a new line coming out and you are just going to LOVE them!! Have a super day !! Thanks for stopping by!

~Cambria

21 comments:

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

FUN-tastic cards, Cami! The coloring is gorgeous- Leanne sure knows what she is doing! And the cards - SUPERB! :)

Melissa said...

Holy cow - both of these are awesome! And I agree - she can color!

Alhambra Club said...

Love both cards, the coloring is fantastic. Love your layout on the first card, it is cute the way it opens.

Anonymous said...

These cards are too cute! The coloring is just amazing. The first card layout is very cool. Mahalo for sharing.

Joy said...

WOWIE WOW!!!!!! You put those images to goooooooood use! I love it!

Lynn Put said...

Your cards are fantastic, I love the cool folds and images that you used.

Anonymous said...

These are fabulous--layout as well as coloring! (You know you need those Copics! :-D)

Sumtoy said...

You are awesome, but i think everyone knows that...Love Ya

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

What a fun fold. And gorgeous coloring.

Jules said...

Wow, they look real, they are colored so well. I like all the halloween tins, and canisters and stuff. I missed your blog while I was on vacation, Oct 15-21.

Whimsey said...

Yeah, I hear ya on those Copic markers. On every Christmas wish list ... if they have asked, I've asked for gift certificates to a certain store so I can buy ALL the Copice markers, cuz me wants them all!!!

Tricia T said...

I *love* the fairy card! Soooooo pretty!

Kelly said...

Wow, her coloring is great! Beautiful cards the two of you made! I love the Hanna card - got my new Hanna stamps a couple days ago and haven't even had a chance to play yet!

Christina Fischer said...

You two make a great team! The card designs are fantastic, and her coloring is WOW! :)

Becky G said...

These are fantastic. They are so colorful and fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Cami! You and Leann are an awesome team! These turned out great!! Love them!

Laura Roth said...

These are super cute!!!! The coloring is amazing! Dang---another thing to add to my wish list! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey there you did an awesome job with those images! Thought you might want to know that Lean has a BRAND new blog with just a couple of posts
http://socalstampers.typepad.com/inky_fingered_fun/

Anonymous said...

how cute!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic job, Cami! I love what you did with the images! I'd color for you anytime baby! Now I just have to get myself some Copics - maybe Santa will be good to me this year!

Bev Gerard said...

Oh my word! Leann's coloring is delightful!! And I adore your card! What a sweet "oops" with the Glimmer Mist too! Great show!

~Tex