Friday, July 24, 2009

Weekend Sketch #90


I woke up Thursday morning early to get my boys ready to head out of town with my parents and a bolt of panic ran through me as I ran downstairs thinking I spaced the weekend sketch! As my computer was loading, I had to think hard about what day it was.. and whoo hooo, it was Thursday NOT Friday and I didn't space the sketch! Oh summer days..... when you can remember WHAT day it is!

TODAY is Friday! TGIF! Are you going to find some time to play along with us this weekend?


If you can, check out Laurie's blog for the sketch this week. Thanks Laurie... it's good to have you back babe!

Check out the sketch team girls!

Beate Johns

Charmaine Ikach
Jenn Balcer
Laurie Schmidlin
Lori Craig
Sharon Harnist

I used two stamp sets to make this card. The exclusive set from eP called Hangin' Loose with Kona and Sandy Sunsets (one of my all time favorites). This week, Kisa did a card where she added our Brown Sugar Sparkles to the palm tree and it was SO pretty IRL. So, I copied her and added it to the hut roof and the door. I wish you could see the sparkle! The waves have our Sugar Sparkles on them, but they look really blueish with a tad of aqua. I applied both with a Quikie Glue Pen. The big brads are from American Crafts and I picked them up at my favorite LSS Memories of Time. Have I told you about her brad selection? It's pure heaven. Every time I visit, I come home with new brads! The main image is stamped on Neenah White, the designer paper is Breaking Free from My Mind's Eye. The blue and brown cardstock is from Prism. I used my oval Nesties for the main image. Kona's eyes are raised up with Glossy Accents.

I'm leaving for CHA on Sunday, so I won't make next week's sketch. I'm going to be posting fun photos from Florida though! I'm SO excited! If you are going, make sure you stop by the SCS booth! I'm going to be helping Joy with Make and Takes for eP. We'd love to see you and I think you'll love our Make and Take too! There are going to be lots of fun companies hanging out and doing all kinds of fun stuff! Hope to see you!

Have a super weekend.... thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Beate said...

Cami, your card is adorable. Your coloring fantastic!

Have a wonderful weekend sweet friend.
Hugs and smiles

Lori Craig said...

Oh so fun....I love this little guy! your coloring rocks, and I love that background. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Love the card!! I really do need to get that Sandy Sunsets set!! Have a FABULOUS time at CHA!!!!

Tracey said...

Love your card Cami! Have a great time at CHA! Travel safe!! :)

Patti J. said...

Adorable! Very, very cute - love it! Have a good weekend!

Sharon Harnist said...

Sweetie, you need to slow down soon! :) Your card is wonderful -- those papers are perfect for sweet Kona!

Denise Marzec said...

I'm LOVIN' that DP with the cars!...and, of course, Kona is CUTE as ever. Love Kona!

Shannon McGann said...

Cowabunga! This is soooo cute! Love that turtle! :)

Etha said...

What a super cool vacation card! I like this sketch a lot, hopefully I'll get to play sometime this weekend :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Cami, this is ADORABLE!