Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Echos of Kindness


Hello friends! Another quick post today. I feel half human again... thank goodness! Today Averie is home, but everyone else is still at school! Tomorrow there is an service day, so it will be a good mid week break for the kids. Sheldon can use the day to try and catch up on all the homework for the week he missed.

This card uses a new Hostess Set from the new Stampin' Up! catalog. I borrowed some images from my friend Gail. LOVE that sentiment.

The background is Neenah white, ran through the Cuttlebug, then spayed with the same colored Copic markers. I love my little air compressor... and it's been so neglected lately. I then went back and added a little more red with the actual marker (RV29).

The ribbon is from Stampin' Up! too, but I don't think it's still available. It was from the Jersey Ribbon Originals. I also used my new Nesties and Kaiser Pearls. I added just a touch of bling to the main image by adding some Pixie Dust Blingz.

Supplies:

Stamps: Echos of Kindness (Stampin'Up!)
Paper: Neenah White, Riding Hood Red, Basic Black.
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, Copic Markers.
Other: Cuttlebug, Embossing Folder, Kaiser Pearls, Crafter's Tool Kit, Air Compressor, Slot Punch, Ribbon (Stampin'Up!), Pixie Dust Blingz, Nesties, Scor-pal.

Hope you have a great day! Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

This is gorgeous. I love what you did with the background.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Cute card, as always, Cami!

I'm glad you're feeling better. Traveling always seems to bring on colds and such... I think it's the close quarters in the airplanes and the lack of sleep!

How much longer until the OCL release? This is torture waiting!

Nancy B. aka Jean said...

This is downright Gorgeous!

I love your style and color's.

It's a wonderful stamp set.

Tracey said...

I'm glad you're starting to feel better! Love your card. So pretty!

Missy said...

Great card. I love the air brushing on the bag image. I saw that first off and wondered how it was done. TFS!!!

MaGoooo said...

Very pretty card Camster!

melissac said...

Glad you are feeling better. The background is beautiful. I might just have to look into a little air compressor. :-)

Debbie said...

This is beautiful Cami!

Alex said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love this Cami!! Glad to hear you are feeling better and things are getting back to normal! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

jen del muro said...

This is STUNNING!!

Kelly said...

Pretty - I like the contrast of the black with the soft colors in the background.

Stamp n Sparkle said...

Cute cute CUTE!!!
LOVE the pearls!
Zee xx

debhorst said...

Air brushing--I too have not done that in a long time--you have inspired me!!

Kristine B. said...

Such a PRETTY card! :) Love the elegant look with the pearls and label sentiment--your sponged cuttlebug piece is awesome!

Carolyn King said...

oh my gosh girl---hope you are all feeling better. What a way to return from a trip---you and everyone sick!!!! It was the same story here---must be the name...heehee!

What a stunning card. I guess the sickness isn't hurting your creativity. Feel better girl! hugs!

Libby Hickson said...

Such a gorgeous card! Glad you're starting to feel better, the flu is the worst! I can't wait to see all your new stamps, how exciting! FYI I'm giving one of the sets away as blog candy this week, that I picked up at ARCHIVERS!! (you superstar, you!)

texasjodylynn said...

Very pretty card!