Sunday, June 24, 2007

Flower Fest Double Slider


We made these at my last workshop of the Stampin'Up! year. I can't believe this stamp set is retiring... I just started to play with it. Flower Fest was new last year right? It's a really nice two step stampin set. My other favorite that is going is Brighter Tomorrow. LOVE that set. It's great for more than just sympathy. I won't be letting these go..... at least not for awhile. I have a hard time letting the retired sets go. :)

There is a great tutorial on SCS by Beate for this cool card. Click here to see it. It's called the double slider, and it's FUN. My club girls had a lot of fun making it.

Here is the recipe:

Stamps: Flower Fest, Brighter Tomorrow, Linen
Paper: Whisper White, Always Apricot, Palette O' Prints, Night of Navy
Ink: Apricot Appeal, Night of Navy, Certainly Celery
Other: Round Tab Punch, 3/4 Circle punch, Word Window Punch, Dimensionals, DD Glitter, Two-way Glue Pen, Grosgrain Ribbon, Janome Sew Mini Sewing Machine.

If you put the card stock this far into the punch and punch, it will make a nice little notch in the top so that you have room to grab the little tab.

Hope you all had a great weekend. This Saturday is my Grandma's 87th birthday. We are having a HUGE birthday for her at the lake with tons of family and friends. I'm looking forward to seeing lots of cousins. Last week, my grandma got the green light to drive again since her surgery. She was So happy. She was off playing cribbage with her friends and driving herself to therapy. I'm so lucky to have her in my life. Thanks again to everyone who sent her cards during her recovery. You guys are THE best!

I'll try and stamp a bit this week, but I have a lot of shopping, and cooking and getting ready for the big event. My back is much better, but I still can't sit for long. Thanks again for all the well wishes.
~Cambria


©Stampin'Up! 1997-2007

20 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

So glad to hear your grandma is doing great! It is awesome that she is so active and full of fun! Love this card by the way!

All Blog Spots said...

nice blog

Jill said...

I LOVE your stuff. I have your site saved as a favorite and check it all the time. Thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Cami! How have I missed these past couple of days? I hope you're feeling mucho bettah! I just love what you've done with this set .... yeah ... like that's a surprise!

Libby Hickson said...

I'm just getting caught up on your posts so I'm slow to say - so sorry about your back!!! Hope you're at 100% soon, back problems are THE WORST! This slider card is so cool - and I love your hint for the punch, very cool!!

Beth said...

adorable Cami! Love it!

(Hugs to Grandma)

Soguesswhat11 said...

glad your grandma is vital and active, and that you're doing better, too. Oh, and that's a great tip on using the round tab punch to create the notch. What a good idea!

Crystal said...

Flower Fest was on my very first order last year when the catty came out and is one of my favorites. I even had a card on Stampers Showcase using this set. I can't believe all the sets SU is retiring after just one year. You can bet this set isn't leaving my house either!

Anonymous said...

Love your creations! You're always such an inspiration to me..

michelle sturgeon said...

GREAT double slider card! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I haven't tried the double slider yet... one of these days.

Cheryl said...

This is a wonderful card and I like your punch idea.

Keri Jackson said...

Love that card! It's beautiful

Diane said...

Gorgeous card! I have to try the double slider card soon. In the meantime, I'm still playing with the square steps corner punch (I'm as obsessed with that punch as some people are with their sewing machines *grin and wink* -- check out my blog :-).

Alhambra Club said...

Glad to hear you are feeing better. This card is great, as is all your work.

Bevie Pearl said...

Yah yah girl........You are stamping some mighty fine ideas here.

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful card! Love that punch idea...thanks!!

Debbi T said...

Cams, you KNOW I love everything you do, girl....you never EVER cease to amaze me with your creativity! If I had one zillionth of your gift.....I swear, I'd be a rich rich girl!

Who loves ya, baby? ;)

Bethany Paull said...

Love the glitter and the navy. I swear I used to reach for the night of navy for almost every card. Now, I can't remember the last time I used it.

Peggy Maier said...

Thanks for all the neat ideas! Your Grandma sounds like lots of fun!