Wednesday, April 2, 2008

For Father



I'm diggin this set! It's so easy to color and get nice results! I started out coloring with my Pure Color Pencils and Gamsol, but couldn't get the right color for the puppy, so I finished him with my Copic Marker E25. Then, my husband told me that those dogs are usually even darker... like black. Black won't match my card stock... like hello? So, brown he is.

I tried to kinda smear the sentiment to make it look distressed, but it didn't turn out like I wanted. I added some highlights with my Chocolate Chip Marker and the White Uni-ball Gel Pen.

I'm trying to use up some of my designer scrap paper. I love this plaid paper from Chatterbox. I only have one tiny piece left now. I'm determined to start using my scraps before my pile takes over my desk.

Here is the recipe:

Stamps: For Father, Phrases for a Friend
Paper:
Suede Brown Medium Prism, Whisper White, Chatterbox.
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, Whisper White Craft
Other: Pure Color Pencils, Gamsol, Blender Stump, Copic, Ticket Corner Punch, Vintage Brads, Crafter's Tool Kit, Ribbon (unknown)Uni-ball Gel Pen, Chocolate Chip SU! Marker, Scor-Pal.


Three kids on the bus, one to go! I'm so happy everyone is feeling better today. I'm working on the tutorial today! Thanks for being patient. Hope you have a great Wednesday!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

This is a great card! And I have to say, I love that plaid paper, too!! It's fabulous!

Karinn said...

Very cute card, I always love your coloring. And your pup looks like a chocolate lab to me. My lab is not much darker than yours! I think you did a great job! :)

Besides, who can resist a dog breed called a *chocolate*? They can be hyper, but just as sweet as the real thing.

Unknown said...

This card is wonderful - and I have a soft spot for Chocolate labs - I like this guy a lot! (Sorry Mr. Cami)

Anonymous said...

My chocolate lab's name is "Mocha" and she looks just like yours (except she's a WHOLE lot bigger!LOL). I think you did a great job!
Amanda
stitchnaway@carolina.rr.com

Jennifer Meyer said...

You crack me up LOL. Sweet card, your coloring is perfect and I LOVE the shade of the dog and dp.

Have a great weekend,
Jennifer :)

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great card, looks exactly like a Chocolate Lab to me! They aren't as popular as the Black or Yellow, but they do exist!! I know that cause we originally started out looking for Chocolate, and ended up with Black!

Whimsey said...

Hi Cammie, I know you are buried, can you tell me who makes the puppy in the boot stamp? It's beyond cute!!!

whimsicalexpressions@yahoo.com (if you have a moment)