Monday, October 6, 2008

Quickie Gift Cards


Hello everyone! Hope you had a great weekend. Today I'm going to share the third project we did at my last workshop. This is a super easy, super fast, but cute little gift card holder. My friend Pinie shared this on her blog back in March. She received one in a Control Freak swap from Erin Blair. Thanks girls!


Okay, so I know it's not SUPER Christmas like, but I don't have any of the new Christmas paper yet. And, even though it's not "Christmas" paper, I'd totally send it as a gift for the holidays. Gift cards are THE BEST thing to give. Man, my kids love getting iTune cards. I love getting Starbucks or Human Bean Coffee cards, heck, doesn't everyone love gift cards?


You could totally dress this up if you wanted to make it really special. Add a main stamped image, run some ribbon under it that ties on the side. The possibilities are limitless. But, this one was super easy ... just think how many you could whip out and be done with your list of gifts to give? Oh yah baby.

Here's how easy they are:

Cut your cardstock 4 1/4 x 11
Score each end in 3 inches
Score in the center at 5.5
Make a W shape with the center (is that a mountain fold?)
Tape that inside portion on the sides only.
Fold the front and back flaps back and insert the center end into your Tabletop paper cutter. Slice off that center fold.
Take the Designer Label punch and insert half way to make a little slot to pull the card in and out.
Decorate.... you are done!


My front image was easy peasy. I took the stripped stamp from the Curly Label Bundle stamp set, stamped it with Riding Hood Red classic ink on Whisper White. Punched it out using the Curly Label punch. Then I grabbed the Merry Christmas stamp, stamped it with Basic Black, then used the Large Oval punch to punch out the center portion. Line them up and stick them together. Attach with brads. This time of the year, you have to appreciate easy. :)

Supplies:

Stamps: Curly Label Bundle, Snowflake Roller Wheel (the inside).
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Bella Rose Designer Paper, Whisper White, Textured Kiwi Kiss.
Ink: Basic Black, Riding Hood Red.
Other: Curly Label Punch, Large Oval Punch, Vintage Brads, Crafter's Tool Kit, Designer Label Punch, Scor-Pal.

Have a great week everyone.... can you believe it's OCTOBER? Can we slow down a bit please? Dang....

Thanks for stopping by!!


13 comments:

Joy said...

very cute card with lots of ideas on how to create your own tag for the front of the card...love the creativity!

DeeDee said...

WOW, this is a GREAT idea...every year at Christmas we give all the little ones in the family a gift card to "spend"...what fun it will be for them to open a pretty little holder!! TFS!!! HUGS!!!

Days down Under Ag said...

Wowsers I can't believe that this hasn't been thought of before, you are THE best.

I LOVE IT, quick easy and done. This will definitely be duplicate by moi for birthdays, xmas, weddings etc.
Thank you so much for this idea

Cheryl said...

What a cute gift card holder!

Alex said...

This is darling and I think that paper IS Christmassy (word?) and have used it for Christmas projects several times!! I am bettin' the ladies were thrilled to do this project - I would be! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

CraftyC said...

These are gorgeous!
Clairex

Kathleen said...

I am always looking for a cute giftcard holder!!! YEA! Thanks so much for the instructions!! I LOVE it~

Anthonette said...

Great idea! Love how you used the punches. You're enabling. I don't have any of the punches you used. I LOVE that you used textured Kiwi Kiss like ribbon...awesome. I'm on a giftcard holder kick too.

Jennifer said...

what a fabulous idea - as soon as I saw it I *had* to try it!! perfect for teacher gifts - coffee cards!! :) My designer punch would NOT punch through two layers though -- it ended up siezing on me & now won't work at all :( oops! I think next time I'd try punching it before I taped together so I could do one layer at a time...

Anonymous said...

So cute! Thanks for the directions to make it!!

Anonymous said...

How do you keep the gift card from slipping out the back if you only tape the sides in the middle??

Anonymous said...

The card stays in because the fit is nice and tight. You have to have sticky strip or use your adhesive on the very edges or the card won't fit. I love these easy gift card holders....

Thank you!
~C

Anonymous said...

I love this Christmas gift card using the Bella Rose paper. I love the Bella Rose paper! I am going to put your Blog under my favorites!