Friday, July 3, 2009

Weekend Sketch #87



Hey peeps! Happy July 4th weekend! I hope you have lots of fun with family and friends and you all stay safe!

This weekend's sketch is by Charmaine. Stop on over to her blog and check it out. I hope you have some time this weekend to play along!

Check out the rest of the sketch team (those who can play this week):

Charmaine Ikach
Lori Craig
Sharon Harnist

I think my center piece ended up a bit bigger than the sketch... I'm blaming the kids. I can't get anything done with them home. Yah, the kids *wink*.

I used the stamp set called Just Bugz (love this set). The bee has Black Eyeliner Sparkly Fluff on his body, and Cosmo Crystal Glitter on his wings. I used my Sakura Quickie Glue Pen to adhere both. Oh man.. guess what the mailman brought me? MORE BLING. I'm SO addicted to those silly little Rhinestone blingie things. I can't help myself... I HAVE to stick them on my cards. The paper is new from My Mind's Eye, the ribbon is from American Crafts, and the tiny little pink brad is from Bazzill. I got them at Memories of Time, here in Coos Bay... oh man, Michelle carries SO many brads. I'm on a mission to own them all. I love brads! The flowers are popped up on Jody's Foam Dots, and I used my Stampin'Up Word Window Punch for the sentiment. Oh, and of course I made those eyes and little dotted trail pop with my Black Sakura Glaze Pen.The cardstock is the new In Color Raspberry one from Stampin'Up! All the coloring is all done with Copic Markers.

My parents took all the kids plus friends up to the lake, so I have a day to myself to get some work done, then tomorrow we join everyone for 4th of July celebrations. Hope your weekend is wonderful! Thanks for stoppin' by. Happy 4th!

9 comments:

Sharon Harnist said...

LOL -- yes, we all seem to be thinking about the bugs & bees today! Your sweet fella is adorable, in all his glitter! Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is ADORABLE, Cami! I LOVE how you offset the circles within the circles. . .cool effect! Love your card! Have a wonderful 4th!

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE how you added the bee on the panel behind the circles! Awesome card!

StampinCathy said...

This is just to stinkin cute. I love the colors and all the bling on this card. Happy 4th!!

Pam Speidel said...

Cambria, this is just as CUTE as can BEE!!! :) Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Heather Huggins said...

Super cute!! I seen the cute project you have planned for this Fridays class. Super awesome!! Happy 4th!!!

Ilse Vargas said...

Very cute card... I saw your bee, and it gave me the idea to use some bees too :)
Greetings.

Tracey said...

This is just adorable Cami!!

Juls said...

love this card, its just so bright and cheerful!