Wednesday, September 30, 2009

National Card Making Day at MOT


Yep, Kisa and I will be at Memories of Time all day on Saturday celebrating National Card Making day! We'll be doing two classes! The first class, we are using the super fun limited edition Candy Monster stamp set which includes four Copic markers. We'll be making a card and a treat box similar to these. I believe there are a few spaces left, so hurry and get down there to sign up if you want to participate. Once these fun sets are gone, they are gone.

Our second class of the day includes making one of these cute monster cards. The inside says Happy Halloween, From one monster to another... both sentiments are included in the Candy Monster stamp set and you get your very own jar of Sparkly Fluff to take home! The fun part about these cards is the hair. It almost looks like suede! How did I do it you ask? Just run your cardstock through your Xyron, then dump on the Sparkly Fluff. Pretty cool huh? The pink hair isn't as solid as the purple. I used some textured Bazzill cardstock, so I think the adhesive didn't stick to all of it... next time, I'll turn it over, but I still think she looks adorable! I guess I can go back and fill in some of the little spots with my Quickie glue pen. Of course the back of the cards also has sparkly hair and some scars! :)

Cards are made using the Curved Rectangles from Spellbinders. I used the next smallest size down for a layer on the inside and to stamp the sentiment on.

Hope you are celebrating National Card Making day and creating something fun! If you are in our area, Kisa and I would LOVE to see you! Big sale that day too! You don't want to miss it!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Vicki G said...

This is Way cute!

Vicki

Beth M said...

These are adorable!

Kim at Polka Dot Thought said...

Cute! I JUST made a Frankenstein card VERY similar (though I like your added details better, so I'll keep those in mind). I'll plan to feature my Halloween cards made in a card class in a few days! Be sure to swing by and check them out!

MaGoooo said...

I spy some orange sparkly fluff!!

Terri said...

I wish I could go! It is so cold here!

TexasGrammy said...

Oh what FUN, Cami!
I hope you enjoy the day as much as your stampers will enjoy it!

(((hugs)))
Tex

Kristina Lewis said...

Super cute! I wish I lived closer!

KriskropMemories said...

I just love your Frankenstein, absolutely adorable!