Sunday, April 15, 2007
Crab & Company AGAIN.... sorry!
Okay... I promise I will move on as soon as I finish up these images I already colored. Just two more to go!
My friend Beate sent me these punched out scalloped shapes, and they were just perfect for the crab. This was a layout challenge that called for a circle, so it worked out. I used the Coluzzle to cut out the circle image, then layered that on two scalloped circles. The crab is colored with my Aquapainter on Shimmery White card stock, with a big dab of Crystal Effects for the eyes. Main image is stamped in Timber Brown Stazon, so that the color won't run when you are watercoloring. The Creamy Caramel sand and Cool Caribbean sky is stippled on first. Then I stamped the crab, shell and starfish.
The little shrimp are stamped with Basic Black, then colored in on parts with Real Red Stampin Write marker. I added some glitter with my Sakura glitter pen (Starlitstudios), and white eyes with the White Gel Pen (Stampin'Up!). The bottom portion of the card is ran through my Cuttlebug with the new circle folder. Little starfish was totally cased from a card I saw that Beate had done with him in a little circle. Added some gingham ribbon and some dimensionals for the main image and I'm done! :)
I just loved the little clam with the cakes balanced on his shell, so I decided to mix it up a bit. LOL. You have to get your stamp-a-ma-jig out for this one, but it's worth it. I had this layout all ready for another card with the crab scene, then just decided to add these guys instead.
This is the one Marvy Giga Punch I own. I got it before Ellen sold out of them in her store. I LOVE it.... I need to collect them all for sure. I used my Colozzule again to cut out the oval layered on the scallop. I stippled the sand and sky first, then stamped the images with Timber Brown Stazon, then colored them with my Aquapainter and ink in the lid of my ink pad. I added some glitter with my glitter pen, and white eyes with my white gel pen.
Background is Cool Caribbean and Taken with Teal, ran through the Cuttlebug with embossing folders, both mounted on Basic Black, then on to the Real Red Card. Ribbon is taped on the back. Then, I took the pokey thing and spongy pad from the Crafter's Tool Kit, and poked holes through for the brads..... this of course BEFORE you layer it on your card. LOL... yes, I've done it after and had to live with the brad tongs showing on the inside.
I was meaning to mention yesterday to not be afraid to make your cards with dark card stock or even black. I learned this tip from my fabulous stampin friend and downline Leslie, who always adds an extra layer of card stock on the inside of her card for the sediment. You can also add a couple images ....... it really adds to your cards.
So.. happy Sunday! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend so far. I am catching up on laundry today. :) Thanks for stopping by!!