Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Palette Prints Tri-Fold Slit Punch


I'm so excited!! I got my first "job". It wasn't really a job, because it was super fun, but I actually, for the first time, got compensated for my work!!

I got a pm from this really nice lady on SCS named Diana asking me if I'd write a tutorial for my Tri-fold Slit punch card using her new product called Scor-pal. I was really excited because I've always wanted a better scoring method. I was even MORE thrilled when it arrived and I got to play with it. I was worried that it was going to be too big and take up too much room since I had never seen one, but much to my surprise it was made out of lightweight plastic!! It can easily be stored on it's side so that it takes up no room at all. I was even happier that I get to keep it for writing the tutorial!! I've already used it for a workshop and I have to say that it will for sure be a tool that I get a ton of use from. I love the fact that I can put one full sheet of 12x12 and score along the entire edge. I especially like the nice deep score with no effort and no worry of pushing too hard and tearing through the card stock. Thanks so much Diana!! I love my Scor-Pal!!!

I really like how these turned out. I think I like the Celery Brads in the centers better, but I had used my last three in the first card.

Anyway, for the full tutorial, you'll have to check out Diana's site www.scor-pal.com. I know you'll recognize some other familiar faces in the tutorial section and the gallery once that part is up and running. The direct tutorial link is here.


This Trifold is made with Rose Red Cardstock, and mounted on a 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 piece of Old Olive. The designer paper is from the new Palette of Prints from Stampin'Up! I LOVE that new paper and can't wait to find some more time to play with it all.
Love my punches.... you all know that. I only used two stamps for this card. I used the Thanks portion from the set Small Sayings, and the friend sentiment from In My Thoughts. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to get the sentiment nice and straight. I used my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker with the brush tip to ink up only the portion I wanted. Make sure you use your Stampin Scrub and get the stamp super clean in between each step. I left the portion on the right blank so that I can write a note inside. I am so far behind on thank you notes!!

Okay... I have a super busy day and the rest of the week. I'm hoping to get my Grandma home this weekend and I need to take care of some things at her house. My son did have strep throat, AGAIN, so just got him back to school today. Oh, and I have a small swap due too. I NEED more of this paper too. See... I'm so scattered. LOL. Some days, I truly FEEL so blonde.

Oh, and one more thing... I sent off a birthday card to Shane. I hope you can all pop one in the mail for him too.

And... a BIG THANK YOU for all of you that sent or are sending cards to my Grandma. She LOVES them and it truly makes her days go by in the hospital. Remember how I said she never complains? Well... she does not like the hospital food, so I take it back! LOL. She is
so ready to come home. They drained some fluid off her lungs yesterday, so now she just needs to get up and do some more walking and get her strength back up. She truly is my hero. I hope I'm as tough as her in my 80's.

22 comments:

Bethany Paull said...

*GASP* Literally, I gasped when I saw this. I love pink and green, and these shades of pink of green are so vibrant and lively together. AND POLKA DOTS. I mean, seriously!

marja said...

Wow this is amazing.
I love it!


marja

Michele Kovack said...

This is beautiful Cambria!

Mary C. said...

OMG! I just love you and your designs. Thanks so mcuh for the inspiration. I have to look through my collection for that sentiment set. Do I have that? Was it retired? Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Sweet!

Valerie said...

SUPER cool card, and PROPS to you baybee on the toot!

Anonymous said...

Girl, this card looks amazing! I LOVE the big rectangular opening for this Cami trifold! It's simply the BOMB!

Congrats on your JOB!!! Wohooo

Memories of Time said...

The sentiment set is one from the winter mini (Small Sayings) and the other one, In My Thoughts, is still available in the catalog. :) You girls are so nice.. thanks for the sweet comments! :)

Rose Ann said...

Yea for you about the Scor-Pal! It sounds like an exciting new tool.

I love this tri-fold...and it looks so nice with the new papers! Awesome!

lilstamper said...

Wow! What an absolutely beautiful card - I really love the color combos!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, C...love the colors and the tri-fold. I must try that!

Kimberly said...

Sweets, all I can say is WOW. hope your little one is better, Grandma sounds like she is almost ready for home and you need a break!!! :) I think I will tell Beate we will do a challenge next week. I think we are all crazy this week. Ahhhh the life.

I am thinking about you and your little family!!!~

Allison Rankin said...

Super card!

Michele Kovack said...

Cambria,

Just wanted to let you know that my entire 5th grade class AND many of their brothers, sisters, mom, and dad, made or bought cards for Shane! We mailed off 65 of them yesterday from school!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Cami this is gorgeous!! Love the flowers and the entire design! I started a *Cami Tri-Fold* last night. I've been dying to make one since I saw you post the baby announcement! :o)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Absolutely beautiful! As always! WOW

kathy said...

OMG it is beautiful

Trudee said...

You rock my world BAYBEEEE!!!!!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, Cami! This is so gorgeously vivid and polka dotted and fun and creative! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh
My
Camilicious
Goodness!!

I'm in love! I'm in love!! This makes my heart sing out loud, Cami!

Stampernmore said...

This is amazing! I love it and am on my way to case it :)