Sunday, August 23, 2009

Friendly Flowers


Kisa and I had our monthly workshop down at Memories of Time on Friday. We always have SO much fun. The staff and owner Michelle are just WAY fun to work with. It's the highlight of my month! The featured stamp set this time was Friendly Flowers. We made a super cool flower pot card that Kisa designed. She tweaked a pattern that was on SCS. You can see her project here, and also find a link to the pattern she made.





Before we started class, I showed our peeps how to do quick easy masking. My favorite masking tape is by Eclipse, it's awesome. It comes in a big roll. You roll out a piece, stamp your image, then cut it out. You will never get a little line like you do sometimes with paper. Stamp your flower on your cardstock, cover it up with your mask making sure it's lined up perfectly, then stamp again right over the top of your covered up flower. Remove the mask, cover the flower you just stamped with the same flower mask, then repeat. The cool thing about the Eclipse masking tape is that when you are done, just stick it to your panel! You can use it over and over and over and it will never tear your card stock! After you I got my flowers stamped across my white cardstock, I outlined them with the brush end of my sketch Copic maker (YG11). Then, switched ends to the chisel side, and continued to color the rest of the white space green. I outlined the center part of my petals with they B0000 marker. I LOVE the new soft Copic colors! It's very subtle, but just enough to make the white really pop!


I raised up one of the centers with my iTop bradmaker tool. All the centers in our set fit the small brads! How cool is that? I discovered a little tip on how to get them centered every time too.... I'll share that with you tomorrow! Last, but not least, I stamped one more flower, cut out the center portion, stuck the brad through that piece and the main flower, then added some Sparkle to that center with our Sugar Sparkles! I added some glue with my Quickie Glue Pen to each polka dot, than dumped on the Sparkles. Easy Peasy!

The sentiment is from our set called Thankful Flourishes. Hope you had a great weekend! I register the other three kids for school this week, then we have a our annual family reunion a the lake this weekend... it's going to be another busy summer week! Hope you are enjoying the last days of summer! Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

Connie M. said...

Oh this is such a fun card, Cami!! Your masking is amazing...I am gonna have to get me some of that tape!!

Alex said...

What a beautiful card Cami - and soooo fun!! I wish I could have stamped with ya, maybe someday!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Basement Stamper said...

Fantastic card, love the colors of it and your masking is superb!

Norine said...

this card is awesome love it
Hugs
Norine