Monday, October 29, 2007

Season of Joy


Hi... my name is Cami and I'm River Rock challenged. LOL. I ordered it, I NEEDED it, but never opened the package! How bad is that? I went to Stampin'Up! Regionals and saw all these wonderful samples and dang..... okay, I CAN use River Rock.... must try. So, for my workshop this weekend, we used River Rock. I must say, this color is growing on me.

Everyone had the same card stock and ribbon. We had the stamp set Season of Joy, Polka Dot Background and Many Merry Messages. The cool thing is that the designer paper was all different, so everyone had different versions. I wish I had taken my camera so that I could take photos of all the cards. My stampers are THE best!! They totally inspire me.



My friend Jennifer used the snowflake stamp for the center.... which I love! And, I really liked how someone else pierced around the center image.

I took a ideas from everyone and put these together for the club members who couldn't attend.

We all started with the main image. This is another trick we learned at SU! Regionals. They used the 3x3 note cards, but you can use any 3x3 piece of card stock. For a really cool tutorial on how to do this with your Round Tab punch.... check out my downline's blog. Nancy Morgan is DA bomb! Click here to check out the tutorial at Paper Smiles! Paper Smiles indeed!! :)

Okay, so here is the complete Recipe:

Stamps: Season of Joy, Polka Dot Background, Many Merry Messages
Paper: River Rock, Purely Pomegranate, Basic Black, Shimmery White, Holiday Harmony Designer Paper.
Ink: Purely Pomegranate
Other: Round Tab Punch, Circle Scallop Punch, 1 1/4 & 1 3/8 Circle Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Crafter's Tool Kit, Dimensionals, Gold Brads, Mini Glue Dots, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Black Grosgrain, Paper Snips, Scor-Pal.

I'll show you the other card we made tomorrow. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. My twins made it to the second round of flag football finals before being eliminated. I'm so proud of them. The did AWESOME for their first year of football and against 6th graders!

Thanks for stopping by!
~Cambria
©Stampin'Up! 1997-2006


10 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

These are great cards, love that color combo.

Donna Baker said...

you're so funny...I don't think you're River Rock challenged anymore *wink* I LOVE that COLOR - it's the first I'm going to run out of.

Anonymous said...

WOW, Cami, what beautiful cards! And thanks, too, for the link to the tutorial for the punch.

Kathy McDonald

Unknown said...

great stack of cards! the third one is my fave, though...love that layout! awesome job!

nancy said...

I don't think you're river rock challenged anymore..these are really pretty = ) !! I am also river rock challenged..you give me hope, maybe I'll give it a try again!
-nancy

Sarah Green said...

looks like you got the hang of the river rock! this was my least fav when they cam out and now I don't think I will be able to live with out it when it is gone so I will stock up big time it just go's with everything!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Wonderful cards! I'm happy to hear that I wasn't the only River Rock Challenged person! LOL! If it wasn't for colour challenges on SCS I probably would never have used mine either ;)
Thanks for the reminder about the punch and 3x3 cs...gotta try that still!

Kelly said...

That's a very pretty card. I really like the flourishes in the background.

Pam Varnell said...

Cami,
I had forgetten about learning this at Regionals. I went to the Regional in St. Louis, KY. I'll have to try it for my November Club meetings. Thanks for reminding me.
Pam

Christina Fischer said...

Love these cards!! I think you've mastered River Rock!! What an awesome color combination! The layouts and details are great!