Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Heart Day Valentine Box Tutorial


Finally! Whew.... I had a few requests for the box instructions that I posted here. Today, I found a spare minute to figure out what I did so that I can show you. First I want to direct you to Fat Cat Stamper's blog with Danielle's instructions.... I did get the idea from her after seeing someone who linked to her blog from SCS. Wow, Danielle has an AMAZING blog... make sure to check out all her work. And, thanks for sharing with us Danielle!!

The version in this tutorial is a little different than the first one I posted. The first one is the same dimensions as Danielle gives on her site. (8 1/4 x 8 1/4, then scored at 2 3/4). This one is a tad bigger and fits the 3x3 note cards perfectly. The only thing I did different are the flaps because I wanted to use the free ribbon in the Valentine Bundle Promotion. Danielle's original version works much better for that cello bag size... the box in today's post is a larger cello bag. So, now you have two options for the box. :)


Cut your paper 8.5 x 8.5 and score each end at 2.5


















Align the corners in a slot in the scor-pal and score down the center to the first score line and stop.


Only score the end square do not score completely across









Now Align The other end and score only across the end square













Your finished scored card stock should look like this. (Click on any of the photos for a closer look).


















Flip your card stock over, stamp and decorate, then fold on the score lines so that your corners flip outward.


















Next, unfold, then fold the small corners inward


Then, refold the the same way as above with the corners flipped out.

Add your Jumbo Eyelet to each side and add the ribbon. I tied one on opposite ends on each side of the box.




When using the Crop-a-dile, I punch two holes moving it slightly for the second punch to give yourself a little more room to fit the eyelet in place.

Pull Ribbon through the eyelets and tie in a knot on one side.

There ya go... two versions. I think this bigger one would be adorable filled with our 3x3 note cards.

You could also scallop the edges for an ever cuter box!

Okay, I'm outta here. I've got some last minute birthday preparations for my twins! My boys are 11 today! No dishes for Mom tonight either! Whooo Hooo!! Well, maybe some plates from the cake. :)

Have a great day everyone! Thansk for stopping by!
~Cambria

©Stampin'Up! 1990-2008

12 comments:

cyndi said...

thanks for posting this! i have been waiting for it!

Alex said...

thanks so much for doing this - I am going to make one right now!! Have fun tonight with your boys!! My little girl just turned 11 so I know EXACTLY how you feel! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Danielle L. said...

Ah shucks! :) This was a sweet surprise when I dropped by to check out your latest beautiful creations! I love your modifications and the tutorial is awesome!
Danielle (aka fatcatstamper.blogspot.com)

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful box Cambria, Thanks for the instructions and images. Jennifer :)

Anonymous said...

Cami, that is so stinking cool! You come up with the cutest boxes!

Happy birthday to your boys!!!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Ooops...just read your entire post. Still, even if you didn't come up with the box, thanks for a fantastic tutorial.
hugs and smiles

Gwen said...

TFS Cambria! you do not even know me...but I have left an award for you on my blog! I just love your creations...but most of all some of the things you write are just so stinkin' funny!!! thank you!!
Gwen

Janine said...

Thanks for sharing... Great lesson

Rose Ann said...

I love your box! Thanks for the tutorial!!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to try your tutorial. I love my scor-pal but haven't had much creating time lately. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. :)
I needed ispiration and I have found it :)
Here my interpretation
http://crearenelweb.blogspot.com/2008/03/scatolina-porta-pout-pourry.html

Sudha said...

Wow pretty lovely creation n thanks for the tutorial.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com