Sunday, May 4, 2008

Hey Sunshine!



One more card using Beate's weekend Sketch and also the Hanna Challenge for the week. This week's Hanna Challenge can be found in the Member Forums over at SCS. HSC15 is to mix up and use any Hanna stamps. I used both new releases for the challenge Fun in the Sun and the mini set SPF 50.


I used my Copic Air Brush system again for the sand... dang I love that little gun. I masked Hanna with Eclipse Masking Tape, then loaded my gun with the chisel end of the E34 end of my marker. Once I got a nice coverage, I loaded up E25, but with the brush tip on the end of the gun. This makes little speckles all over... which really makes it look like sand. See the little border with the shells? That was a strip I had cut off the main image. I stamped the shells on, then colored a couple with Copic YG91. I then went back over it with the blender pen and took away some of the color. See the Starfish? All I used on it was the blender... to take away the "sand". I like how soft and subtle it turned out. :)

Here is the recipe:

Stamps: Fun in the Sun, SPF 50, Things Hanna Would Say
Paper: Shimmery White, Nautical Blue Medium Prism, Herbal Garden Light Prism, A Shore Thing, Imaginisce.
Ink: Briliance Graphite Black, Copics
Other: Ribbon, Dimensionals, Eclipse Masking Tape, Janome Sew Mini, Scor-Pal.

Hope you all had a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Jennifer Love said...

Ooh! SUPER DUPER cute! I love this to bits and pieces!!

Stefanie Staniak said...

You can feel the summer heat !! :) I think we need a Hanna with a one piece suit !! Geez Louise !! I don't know anyone that really wears those itsy bitsy bikini's, do you? They are cute though ! :)

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

FUN! Now I wanna go to the beach! :)

Alex said...

Totally cute card - I just love how you colored Hanna!! Wonderful use of Beate's sketch too!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

I wish that were me lying on a blanket in Deerfield Beach, Florida! However, I would be wearing a bathing suit that covered a whole lot more than that, cause I have a whole lot more than that to cover!

Anonymous said...

I just want U to know that I look at your site every day. You are the most talented and creative artist that I know. I CASE so much of your work. Thank U for sharing your talent. Ramona

Kristi said...

WOW I LOVE this. I did not even think to put that umbrella into the sand..YIKES...LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, this card is so cute! I love looking at your project, thanks so much for sharing! :o)

~*Priscilla*~

Erica Bass said...

I love the what you did with the layout!

Vicki G said...

Love what you did with this image Cami!! Super Super Cute!!!

Vicki