Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Wonderful , Indeed



My Mother is beyond wonderful. I'm sure you feel the same about yours. I'm feeling a bit guilty. On Friday, I'm going to Eugene to a Copic Marker Certification class... did I tell ya about that? Yah, I'm sure I did *wink*. Well, some dear friends are flying in to attend with me. YES... MOUNDS OF JOY AND LEANN are coming!! I'm beyond excited. My Mom (and Dad) are going to help out with my kids when my husband is working so that I can stay and hang out with my girls. Why do I feel guilty? It's her birthday on Saturday. They just got home and I'm taking off and will be gone for her birthday.
Man, I made them feel SO guilty for being in AZ during my Dad's birthday. Of course she reminds of that... all in fun though. Dang, I'm SO lucky to such a wonderful family. My husband is adjusting his work schedule and might even make cookies for me to take. I'm feeling like the luckiest girl ever! Of course secretly, I think he likes it when he gets the kids all to himself. LOL. Maybe if I make everyone cards that the mailman can bring while I'm gone, I'll feel not so guilty? We'll see. :)

I can't wait to stamp with the girls!! Whooo Hooooo (it slipped out).

Oh, the card.. sorry. This is one I'll send Mom while I'm gone. OMGosh... I totally forgot that I bought this daisyd's cardstock stack months ago. I found it in my pile and was thrilled all over again. It's filled with all kinds of double sided patterns... and they all have a splash of pink! I can't believe I forgot about it. That is bad. I want to say that I have too much paper, but that sounds even worse.... can ya ever really have TOO much? The stamps are from Lizzie Anne Designs. Love their Simply Singles stamps. I knew I had to have the Mother sentiment as soon as I spied it. And... how easy would it be to just ink up the for a wonderful part, then add friend, husband, etc? The flower is also a single called Sunflower. Perfect for paper piecing or coloring. LAD is coming out with new sets soon.... I got a sneak peek, and oh dang, I NEED them all. Just wait till you see!!

Here is the recipe:

Stamps: Sunflower, Wonderful Mother, (Lizzie Anne Designs)
Paper: Prism Island Mist Light, daisyd's Maybe Baby 8x8 Pad.
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, Copics YG63, R22.
Other: Dimensionals, Pop-Up Glue Dots, Key Tag Punch, Tiny Flower Punch (Target), Vintage Brads, Crafter's Tool Kit, 3/4 inch Circle Punch (center of the flowers), Janome Sew Mini, Scor-Pal.

Have a super day! I'm off to stock up the kitchen with groceries, and get my errands done so that I can spend the rest of the week getting ready to hang out with the girls and stamp and color!!! Oh, and it's not too late to join us getting certifiable with Copic! I think there are a few spots left!! :)

12 comments:

DeeDee said...

GORGEOUS card!!!! Sounds like you have an awesome family and it also sounds like you are going to have a FUNtastic weekend!!!! Woohoo! I love all your stuff girlie!!! EXCELLENT work!!

Pam said...

Super sweet card Cami, your mom will love it!!

Joy said she would put me in her suitcase Ü

Alex said...

Beautiful card girl - she will love it! It IS nice to have such a wonderful and warm family - I have one too and feel very blessed!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Karen Kelly said...

Lovely card and have FUN this weekend! I'm going to try and get certified in July when they're in Chicago BUT with CHA there's a lot of people so they're predicting they'll run out of room pretty quickly. So, you'll have to do a lot of great tutorials just in case!

Kim Ross said...

Beautiful card! It's absolutely deee-lish! :) I'm making the trip to Eugene from Boise so I'll be getting to meet you in a couple of days. Yeay!!

Anonymous said...

ooohh. I sure hope you make it up for your mom since she'll be watching the kids. my mom will also be watching the kids while we're doing our certification :)

Debbie G said...

Love it!!! It is an awesome card!! Your mom will love it I am sure!!

Girl can Knit - Cherry Lane Knit Stamp Quilt said...

HAVE fun at the COPIC class retreat!! sounds like a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

so stunning!

Arlene,
University Place florist

Stefanie Staniak said...

Be prepared for tears - this card is lovely !!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

INDUBITABLY!!!!!!! I love it Cams - and I love you!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Have a wonderful time with the girls. I just sent an email looking for the deets because Copic is doing a class here in Boston! Wahoo!!! So excited.

I have a technical question for you on the janome. Mine is all whacked and tangling and making a big old mess on my cards. LIterally eating them. Any advice?