Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tree-mendous Love



Hello stampin friends! Today I found some time to stamp. Whoo hoo! Everyone got on the big yellow bus this morning. Whooo Hooo! I decided I was going to have a lovely day. I got my cup o' Joe (with pumpkin creamer.. yum) and went next door to visit my Grandma. It's SO nice having her next door... and she's SO happy in her new place. Nothing like seeing my Grandma happy to make my day. Her and her kitty are all settled in. My Mom and Dad helped get some last minute things done for her today.. tomorrow she is having a friend for lunch and Saturday she is having a little open house/house warming. I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping some of my bananas will get brown so that I can bake up some banana bread. Doesn't that sound good? I'm craving banana bread. Maybe with some mini chocolate chips.

Oh, sorry... sidetracked. This set is called Tree-mendous Love (my friend Bev came up with that name... isn't she brilliant?). It has a cute giraffe too, but I love the tree. I sponged the tree part with this big round dauber I got from eP. I colored in the hearts a darker green, then added sparkle to the dots with my atyou Spica pens. I then covered the hearts with my Clear Sakura Glaze Pen.... they look and feel embossed. Have I told ya how much I LOVE those pens? Yah, I do. I also used the Spica pens on the birds chests and the heart flowers, but you can't really see that sparkle.

Supplies:

Stamps: Tree-mendous Love (Our Craft Lounge)
Paper: Just Dreamy2 (My Mind's Eye), Neenah White, Mellow Moss (SU!).
Ink: Ranger Distress Soot Black, Copic Markers.
Other: atyou Spica Pens, Sakura Glaze Pen, Big Fat Round Dauber, Mellow Moss Taffetta Ribbon, Rectangle Nesties, Cuttlebug, Janome Sew Mini, Scor-Pal.

My friend Michelle is coming over tonight to stamp... I'm so excited I can't stand it. I got all the laundry off the floor today... that makes me happy. Today, was a good day. Hope you had one too! Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Kisa Peters said...

This is beautiful! I LOVE the grown-up look you gave this fun young tree! I'd normally give it a fun coloring-book sort of color job, but I LOVE this! IT is more grown up - less cartoonie.....it is beautiful!

I'm so glad to hear you had a good day.....I wonder if it was because I was in town? : )

Anonymous said...

very nice card !!!!

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Great card, I like the way you used the ribbon and I love the colours together.

With love from Holland,

Renata

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card!!

i'm with the band said...

This is super sweet!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Cami, this is just too cute! I love your coloring!

Unknown said...

Love love love this card. SO much so, I bought the set!! Best of luck with your new Stamp line!!

DeeDee said...

Oh how Ca-ute!!! I love it...I can see it all done up in red or pink for Valentines Day too!!!! Oh boy!! FUN!!! HUGS!!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Such a sweet card Cambria! Your coffee sounds yummy, I miss getting all those cool creamer flavours when we head south for vacation...lol
Have a fab day!

Cindy Haffner said...

i Cami, love your sweet card, so glad you have your Grandma close by, how fun for you and her.

Pam said...

Gorgeous Cami, love your details!!

Anonymous said...

Cami, I have tried to register and join the Our Craft Lounge Forum and I am having problems. I can't even contact a site administrator to help me. Can you helpo me - my email address is hskelly@pacbell.net Thanks.

Vicki G said...

This is SOOO Pretty!! You Rock!

Alex said...

Gorgeous card, love the coloring Cami! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lori Barnett said...

love the card. I just recently got the glaze pen...and I LOVE IT TOO!! :)