Monday, August 25, 2008

Eastern Blooms


Oh, I love easy cards. I'm going to use the heck out of the Top Notch Big Shot die from SU!. The top portion of the card was left over scrap piece. You can always use up designer paper right? OMGosh, I LOVE all the new designer papers in the catalog. This one is called Sweet Always. It is, indeed, SWEET. Sorry... I get off topic. LOL.

The flower was stamped with Craft Close to Cocoa, then I colored in the centers with the Uniball White Gel pen and added some glitter with my trusted and loved Sakura Glitter Pen to the lines. I punched them out with the new 1 3/4 inch Circle punch. The center pink one is up on dimensionals. Everything is from Stampin'Up! except for the brown brads.... wish we carried brown brads. I got the brads from Hanna Stamps... they are made by Heidi Swapp. They are beautimous. :)

Here is the recipe:

Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Heard from the Heart.
Paper: Sweet Always Designer Paper, Whisper White, Regal Rose, Only Orange, Chocolate Chip.
Ink: Close to Cocoa Craft.
Other: Brown Poly Twill Ribbon, Dimensionals, Crafter's Tool Kit, Scallop Edge Punch, Top Notch Die, Big Shot, Filigree Brads, 1 3/4 inch Circle Punch.

We had a wonderful family reunion this weekend. Averie LOVES her cousins. They are SO sweet to her. They painted her nails, brushed her hair, went tubing and swimming over and over with her. The boys too... they love hanging out with their boy cousins getting all dirty fishing and playing. Baylor caught a beautiful Trout and his cousin Cody caught THE biggest bass... it was awesome. I wish they didn't live so far away... it's really nice getting together with them. One more reason to look forward to August each year though right?

Oh.... I actually had my Uncle coloring with Copics this weekend! He did a pretty good job if I say so myself! I think someone took a photo, so If I can find it, I'll share it. I don't think I'll turn him into a stamper, but it was fun! :)

Hope you all had a super weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this!!!! I love those colors together -- so cheerful :)

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Beautiful...so bright and cheery!

Tiffany said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the new designer paper. It's awesome!!!

Happy Monday!

Judy Miller said...

I love it. I love the colors. Thanks for the idea! You can also get brads from www.pinkhedgehogpapercrafts.com she has all brads and eyelets that match Stampin Up colors. Check her out. And very reasonable prices.

Tonya said...

Your card is fabulous!!! The layout and the DP combined with that Big Shot die is perfect!! =)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Hi Cambria,

Question: can you use the dies in any other die cutting machine besides the Big Shot? I have a Spellbinders Wizard.

Also, I meant to tell you, my youngest son's name is Avery. Love that name! I got it from Murphy Brown. Do you remember that show?

Your Averie might like some of the goodies my friend makes for little girls. Check it out at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5692634 Her work is amazing! Makes me wish I had little girls.

Take care,

Lisa

Linzi Conners said...

Love how you made the 'window' with the dye! I love that feature...I'm thinking of trying it with some of my nestabilities.

Thanks for the inspiration! Great colors, too!

Tamara said...

I really, really like this card! I think I like this use of the topnote the best of anything I've seen! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

So pretty!! Great colors!! ;)

Shelley said...

Love this card! The more DSP the better! And you used the Big Notz to boot! Wow! Can't wait to get my Big Shot and try it myself.