Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Toot Fairy


Oh, how she makes me smile. No, it's not a typo, we are waiting for the Toot Fairy.....

Ever since Kindergarten as her friends were losing teeth, and every time the boys would lose another, she'd say, "look Mom, I have a loose tooth too". She'd put her finger over her tooth and wiggle it back and forth. I didn't want to disappoint her and tell her that the boys were all late losers.... that they were in the first grade, almost second before they lost their first teeth.

So, the other day, we are in the van, and she screams, "OH MY GOSH..... It's LOOSE!" I'm thinking her car seat was loose. Steve and I quickly look back and she has her finger in her mouth and was smiling SO big. "Really, for real this time Mom... it's loose..... LOOK!". Sure enough... it was indeed lose and wiggling back and forth. I said.... "I KNEW you had been teasing me... you just busted yourself." She just smiled. Then, we had to show and tell everyone how loose her tooth was. She wiggled it back and forth so much that is was sore that night. Two days go by and the tooth is getting REALLY loose, even though her brother offered to yank it out for her, she wanted it to come out on it's own.

This morning she comes in to my room and says "Mom... look (with a big ole grin)" My husband says "A.... it came out? You lost your tooth?". She said, "Yah, it came out and then went right down to my tummy with my Rice Chex....will the tooth fairy still come?". OMG, trying not to totally laugh.... I convinced her that I was sure we could write her a note and explain what happened.

I HAD to take a photo with my phone and text it to some friends. Since Verizon finally came to our small town, I've been a texting/photo sending fool. I love sending texts and photos! I swear, I'm as bad as the kids. So, my friend Val and I are always sending photos to each other.... of whatever we are doing at the moment. I get a text back from Val and it says, "Yeah... and whoops..... is she going to wait for the toot fairy?" OMG, I spit my coffee. THE TOOT FAIRY! Oh, I love ya Val from Cal... my texting buddy! So, all day, Averie has been telling everyone that the TOOT fairy is coming tonight! I think I'm going to make the toot fairy a cute scalloped envelope with my new SU! die for her note...... I wonder how much a swallowed tooth is worth?

Ha... so, just wanted to share. Thanks to the Toot Fairy, I have a very happy girl tonight.... missing tooth and all. I'm working on the laundry this weekend, but hopefully tomorow I'll get some time to stamp. Hope you are having a great weekend.... thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

bizestampin said...

That is adorable the TOOT fairy! i hope the Toot fairy blesses her well.
Love Debi Pippin

Joy said...

SPEW! That is too funny. Hey.... how come I didn't get a text?! :)

MJ said...

How cute is she! And what a funny little story. My son was really late at loosing teeth too and he was just as anxious.

Stefanie Staniak said...

How cut !! LOL !! This story is going to make a wonderful scrapbook page! I hope the "Toot Fairy" is very generous - after all . . . . !!

Whimsey said...

I hope the toot fairy drops a big one. ROFLOL!!!

Carol (HB) said...

LOL! The Toot Fairy! A looks A-dorable with her toothless grin! :)

ps- I left you a note on my blog

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

I LOVE IT! WOOHOOO A for losing your first tooth! I love the pic! You cute girl, you! Glad you got a visit from the TOOT fairy!!!!

Love you too, Cami, you cheater! ;)

Valerie said...

Sure, tell the whole stampin' world about my texting abilities! LOL

Hey, A...LOVED that pic mom sent to me!

Shauna! said...

super cute pix! Ooooooo... you need a TOOTH FAIRY TIN!!! Go see my blog cause you will LOVE it!!! If the Halo Fits stamp set and a watchmaker's tin!
stampingly.blogspot.com