Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Color Throwdown + OCL02 Sketch



So… I didn’t get back with my Color Throwdown card as soon as I’d hoped, but it was another busy day. And… ever since I went over during Spring Break to stamp and hang out with my friend Nancy and both our daughters, I cannot make a card without using Glassy Accents (or Crystal Effects). That Nancy… always gettin’ me hooked on things. It does take some dry time, but when you want that extra dimension and “touch” factor, it’s worth it. :)

I also posted another Sketch Challenge over in the OCL forums. This sketch is based on last month’s winner, Deb. This is her winning card, and this is the card the sketch is based on. Hope you can play along with us this month!



This card is loaded with touchablility! Glassy Accents,Fluff, Sparkly Fluff, atyou Spica Pens…. and those wonderful Kaiser Rhinestones. I had so much fun putting it together! I cut out the hole of the dog house and then cut out Pat and stuck him inside.... well, his back end anyway. :) There is Glassy Accents on his dog dish, the ball and his bone.

Supplies:

Stamps: Pat BAD Dog, Dawg House (Our Craft Lounge)

Paper: Dots and Dashes (retired SU!), Pink Passion, Only Orange, Tempting Turquoise, Neenah White.

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers.

Other: Brown Sugar Sparkly Fluff, Fluff, Glassy Accents, atyou Spica Pens, Sakura Glaze Pens, Kaiser Rhinestones, Janome Sew Mini, Scor-pal, Rectangle Nestabilities, Paper Flower (Prima), Quickie Glue Pen, Jody’s Foam Dots, Word Window Punch, 1/2 inch Circle Punch.

Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

DeeDee said...

OMG! Cami, how stinkin' adorable! I love this bright and cheery card! WONDERFUL coloring girlie! HUGS!

Deb said...

Cami, your card is so fun! Bright, full of great texture, and sparkly bling! Love it! I'm so excited to have won your sketch contest, and flattered to have a sketch drawn based on one of my cards. Thanks so much! I'm on cloud 9!

Barbara said...

Absolutely adorable, Cami!!! I love everything about it!!! And there's so much to look at! Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you back next time!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Love all the pretty colorful layers. And your sewing is awesome, I'm still working on the sewing thing!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is just too, too cute and fun Cami!!! Love the cheerful colors! And your sewing, cyrstal effects and sparkle are fabulous! Love that dirt pile panel too gf!! You ROCK!

LeAnne said...

Hah, that retired DP works great with our challenge--and isn't Pat such a cutie! Thanks for your generosity and thanks for playin'!
LeAnne

Missy said...

Great card!!! I hope to get to play along as well. I am so excited because my sparkly fluff should be on it's way to my house soon. I can't wait to play along.

Debbie Corbari said...

Oh this is so stinkin CUTE!!!! I love it babe! LOVE IT!

Alex said...

Cami, this card is stinkin' adorable!! I love how bright the colors are and of course the bling, I love the bling!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Denise Marzec said...

Oh Cami, I loooooove all the *touchy* stuff, especially the sparkle. What a fun layout too!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Good heavens, girl, this is beyond fabulous! The whole thing just makes me smile! TFS!

Broni said...

Cami, this is just wonderful! Love that perfect sewing and all the adorable little details!! Thanks so much for allowing us to offer your stamp sets and especially for playing along with us!!!

dpkennedy said...

This is so colorful and fun! I love the image-super cute! Thanks so much for the great candy for us to offer and for playing along!

Tracey said...

Love the vibrant colours on this Cami! Adorable!! xx

shrinky dink paper said...

The stand out layers, stiching, and colors are amazing on this one Cami!!

I've been experimenting with stitching, I'm anxious to get some time this evening to practice some more.