Friday, May 4, 2007

Big Blooms Challenge


I was wasting time this morning on the computer, being a lump, when I got an IM from my friend Beate. We were both complaining about our need to stamp and lack of desire or mojo. So... we decided to challenge each other. She picked the paper... which was originally Au Chocolat, but I can't find mine (yes... my desk is THAT messy), so we settled on the Petals and Paisley's DS paper. I picked the stamp set... kinda. I was super wishy washy this morning. I should have gone to bed earlier last night. Okay... so I was SUPPOSE to pick the stamp set and Beate said "Big Blooms?" and I said "Perfect." LOL... see... wishy washy I tell yah. I need more coffee.

This happens to me a lot. I have a ton of stamping to do and I avoid doing it because nothing comes to me. As soon as I sit down and just START, then I enjoy it and actually get something done. Thanks for the start this morning sweet friend!!

Here is the recipe:

Stamp Sets: Big Blooms, Small Sayings, Linen Background
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Petals and Paisleys DS Paper
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Old Olive
Other: Ric Rack (a gift from Beate, she is too good to me) May Arts from Starlitsudios, EE Brads, 3/4 Circle Punch, Sakura Glitter Pen (starlitstudios), Dimensionals, Scor-pal (LOVE IT)

I'm super happy! My grandma gets to come home on Saturday!! My Mom will stay with her for about a month or so, so I'll fill in and give her a break whenever I can. She will have a nurse and occupational therapist checking in too. I know she has a long recovery ahead, but she is amazing and I know she'll be back to running around and playing cribbage with her friends again soon. I'm hoping for a full recovery for her big 87th birthday coming at the end of June. It will be a super celebration!! Thanks again to all of you for your support. She is LOVING the cards... it's so nice to see her big ole smile again.

Okay.... I'm going to stamp up some more of these cards!! Have a great day everyone, and thanks for stopping by! :)
~C
©Stampin'Up! 1990-2007

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl....thanks for cyber stamping with me! It's so much more fun this way!
I love what you came up with! Drooling over here! And you were so super fast!!!! Totally beat me!
Hugs and grins

Jenn D said...

I love how you put the ds paper in the center of the blooms. What a great card!

Michele Kovack said...

This card...as you would say....ROCKS!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Way cool card! Love it! Don't own that set, but others will work. Thanks!

Valerie said...

Love ya my wishy washy friend!

Anonymous said...

oh waht a fun idea-you and Beate are too cute!

Rose Ann said...

I love what you came up with in Beate's challenge! It's a beauty!!

Unknown said...

Hmm... I don't know. It looks okay. I probably just need to see it close up. Just pop it in the mail and I'll let ya know how much - er, I mean if - I like it as soon as it arrives.


tee hee! I haven't quite gotten to the point of begging for cards - still just trying to see if I can trick someone in to sending me one.

Soguesswhat11 said...

That card is great! What a wonderful way to get your mojo back - challenge yourself with a friend! Great job!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love those popping blue flowers!

Melody

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love it!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable, Cami, and you used Earth Elements colors! I know what you mean about thinking you don't have anything in you until you actually sit down to stamp. But sometimes I don't find it even then. You did fabulous! So glad for the good news about your Grandma!

Kim said...

I am so happy for you Cami, happy that your grandma gets to come home and that she has an awesome family to help her out and happy for you that you got to stamp long distance with a friend today.

marja said...

cambria it's a beautiful card!!!
i love it!!!!


marja

Amy said...

Darling card! Great colors! I really like this one!

Taylor said...

This is totally cute!! If 'ya ever wanna pass some of that mojo my way I'll take it!! :)

Ida said...

Cambria, This is fantastic! The color scheme just popped out and caught my eye right away. I love the added little elements like the ric-rack. Great card. Ida

Anonymous said...

Love your color combo, DP and beautiful big blooms. Do more challenges with Beate when you are not inspired :-) TFS