Saturday, March 14, 2009

Color Throwdown Challenge



I was talking to my friend Kisa again (you say her name like Lisa, but with a K), and she was telling me about this cool blog called Color Throwdown. Have you heard of it? I don't have much computer time, so I miss a lot of cool stuff apparently. I had to go and check it out. She was right... it's very cool! I decided to play along... even though those colors were indeed a challenge for me!

I used the stamp set Children of the World drawn by my friend Joni. I was telling her that I couldn't even draw stick people and so she made this cute kids for us.

My favorite part of the card is the star on the litle boy's shirt. I colored it, then went over the top with my atyou Spica Pen, then covered it with Clear Sakura Glaze. It stands out and shines like crazy. You just gotta touch it.

Supplies:

Stamps: Children of the World (Our Craft Lounge)
Paper: My Mind's Eye (Just Dreamy2), Tempting Turquoise, Eggplant Envy, Neenah White.
Ink: Memeto Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers, Craft Whisper White.
Other: Sakura Glaze, atyou Spica, Large and Small Star Punches (SU!), Long Rectangle Nesties, Cuttlebug, Scor-pal, Jody's Foam Dots, May Arts Ribbon.

Hope you have a great weekend... if you have some time to stamp, why don't you try the Color Throwdown Challenge? I can't wait to see what the colors are for next week.

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

StampinCathy said...

This is just to cute. I just love these colors together.

Barbara said...

Doesn't look like these colors were much of a challenge at all! Love your stick boy and his star is just perfect! Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you again next time!

Tracey said...

A fantastic card Cami! You rocked this colour combo!!

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute and I love the color combo!

dpkennedy said...

That stick boy is so cute! Love the sparkles! Very pretty! Thanks for playing the CTD!

Deborah Anton said...

Just too cute!! Awesome combo!!

A Touch of SOL said...

OMG! I so want this stamp set for my son's baptism...You did an awesone job with the colors!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Super cute, Cami! I love those cute stick figures and the colors worked perfectly for a nice, boyish card! I'm thrilled to have you play the Throwdown with us this week! Thanks a bunch!

Debbie Corbari said...

OMG Cami I {HEART} the color throwdown blog and am so mad that I haven't played along with them for the last couple weeks! Your card is flat out adorable!!! I wanna touch that star! LOL! Gotta get me some atyou Spica Pens I think! Oh yea!

Barbara Schram said...

What an adorable card, Cami! LOVE the colors...I am off to check out the color throwdown!

LeAnne said...

Thanks so much for playing with us! This is an AWESOME card, love this little guy and the sentiment is blessedly true!
LeAnne

Broni said...

OMG, girlfriend! I LOVE this card!! Love how you used the colors and LOVE that adorable little boy!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week!!