Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Trip to the Beach....




Hey everyone! Happy Saturday! This is the last weekend of the kid's Spring Break. It rained the whole week.. which is typical for Spreak Break on the OR Coast. Did ya all know I live right on the Coast? Yep.... I'm seriously about 10 minutes from the beach. We don't go near enough.... we take it for granted I'm afraid. Yesterday, the sun popped out, so we decided to hit the beach. One of Averie's favorite things to do is go hunting for shells.



The photo above is part of a ship that shows itself every hundred of years or so... I'm not sure if it's really a 100, but it's the first time I've seen it in my lifetime and I've lived her all my life. Amazing to me that the sand levels can change so much. The ship is pretty cool.. you can see the back all the way to the front sticking out of the sand.

The other fun discovery yesterday was all the jelly fish that washed up. We must have hit the tide just right, because we found about five of them. This was one of the smaller ones, but look how purple it looks inside. Cool huh?


This is one of my twins, Baylor. See all the Sand dollars in his hands? Averie and him have been hunting for whole unbroken ones forever. It's easy to find whole ones, but they are usually broke on one side or the other. Guess who found two totally whole ones yesterday? ME... ME...ME! I think it's the first time... that I found two perfect Sand dollars!













This is Sheldon and Averie.Sheldon is turning 16 next month! Averie is 6.5... yes, the .5 matters. LOL. My little beachcomber. Jayce didn't go with us yesterday, so I don't have a photo of him :(

We really had a fun day. It was a nice end to Spring Break.




One last photo as we were leaving. The ocean looks so calm from a distance, but when you are close, it's rough and loud.... and amazing how fast the waves sneak up.

Oh wait, one more... of my perfect Sand Dollars. Yes... I gave them to the kids... one for Bay and one for A. Now, they each have one perfect one for their collection.


Hope you have a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

23 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh what fun family memories! I sure would like to make it to the coast sometime soon. I live in The Dalles, so it is a little drive...farther than your 10 minutes LOL!

Kimberly said...

Great pics!!! Looks like everyone had fun. That ship is really cool and I love that your son's name is Baylor - that's my maiden name :)

KellyL said...

Wonderful post! Makes me yearn for the Rockport(TX) reunion I will be going to in July. The ship and the kids and the sand dollars - just great! Thanks for sharing.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Good thing you're 3000 miles away! There's a 16 year old in my house that would be going ga-ga over that almost 16 year old you have there! Kaylie is 5'11" and your son looks like he is tall too, so she'd like that even more! LOL

Thanks for sharing those great pictures! I'm jealous of your great day at the beach!

Tracey said...

Great pictures Cami!! As much as I always love seeing your cards, it's nice to get a glimpse into your family life too. You have great looking kids!! Glad you enjoyed your day at the beach! xx

Basement Stamper said...

Great pictures! Isn't it amazing what you come across when you live somewhere all your life?

Denise Marzec said...

Seriously? You live 10 minutes from the beach....ahhhh, I would love to live that close. Beautiful pictures of your kiddos!

StampinCathy said...

The pics are just fanatic and you have so beautiful children..oops young adults. LOL

MJ said...

What a fun day! And what a beautiful family, your children are all so good looking! Looks like you guys had a lucky day with all those findings.

Bonnie Weiss said...

I was in awe as the photos slowly appeared on my screen (living with dial-up). I can't imagine going for a walk and ending up at the beach, in 10 minutes! Jelly fish, sand dollars, sunken ships, sand, waves, sea shells...your family is so lucky! What a great way to finish up Spring Break! Thanks so much for sharing these photos.

Debbie Corbari said...

Those are great pics Cami!!! Love seeing your kids! DANG! You have a beautiful family!!! You are so lucky to be so close to the ocean! How cool is that?!

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! Your kiddos are absolutely adorable (and handsome!). I am about an hour from the East coach beaches and love all things beachy. How nice it is to see *your* beach! :)
Sherri aka sheristampsalot

Kisa Peters said...

Great pictures Cami! You've got a good lookin family! I NEVER have EVER found a sand dollar! Dang - you beach must be better than mine!

Teresa Curtis said...

Oh I love sand dollars..my grandma used to get them for us and tell us the story about them, and show us the doves from inside..I just found a link that links to the photos of the amazing story of the sand dollar if anyone is interested..
http://www.qualityshells.com/legend-of-the-sand-dollar.html

~Teresa

Nicole said...

HEY GIRL> be sure to soak those sand dollars in bleach so they whiten and don't stink!

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love being part of your day a bit!! The sand dollars are sooo cool. I have never found even a broken one in my life!! Thanks again for sharing your pics!! Blessings and hugs!!

Tracy said...

love the pics!! Hubby was in Portland for a conference but didn't get to do any site seeing! We hope to do a camping vaca cross country next year and I hope we make it all the way to the coast!

Jenn said...

Dang they are growing up so fast!! That Sheldon is a looker!! Great Pics Cam!!

Alex said...

What great pics Cami!! Looks like you had a wonderful time - way to end the break on a high note, girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Juanita Davis said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. It sure did make me think summer's coming.You captured some beautiful memories!

Sumtoy said...

Your babies have really grown up...I cant believe I met you when you were just a year older than Sheldon is now. I love you sweetie...Give the kids a big hug from their auntie...

Ret said...

Hi Cami,
I'm a day late, but I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your trip to the beach! I think it's awesome that you got 2 perfect sand dollars! The jelly fish was cool & loved hearing about the ship! Just a totally enjoyable day, I'd say!!! Thanks for sharing with us!

Jen Ham said...

aww ... seeing all those pictures from the oregon coast make me want to get trasnferred back !! I miss it so much! It's not as beautiful on this coast ...