Wednesday, March 4, 2009

St. Patrick's Nuggets For You!



This year, I really wanted to make up a few treats to leave for friends and family for St. Patrick's Day. Nothing big, just a little something to say, "I'm thinking about ya." After all, we can all use a little extra good luck right?

This is a little box that hold three Hershey's Nuggets. It's like a matchbox... you just shove on one side and it slides out.



The nuggets on the inside are gold (dark chocolate with almonds...yummy). I used standard address labels to cover them. I stamped the image first, then colored them in with the new atyou Spica glitter pens. They really do shine when you open the box. The top also has the same gold coins, plus on the hat is covered with Sparkly Fluff (hopefully it will be available next week!). It's soft and sparkly.


Kinda fun huh? I used the Long Rectangle Nestie for the layer piece on the top. It's brushed gold cardstock so IRL it matches the shine of the coins. The cardstock used to make the box is from Bazzill... LOVE that polka dotted cardstock!

My poor daughter got REALLY sick. We made a trip to the ER night before last when I couldn't get her fever to come down. Turns out she had Strep along with this nasty flu. So, I've spent the last few days getting anything she needs and watching movies on the couch with her. Today, no fever and only up one time last night! I think we are on our way to a bug free house!

Thanks for stopping by! I've got one more St. Patrick's project for tomorrow.... if I can get it done. Hope to see you then!

13 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

The box and the treats are ADORABLE!!!

Missy said...

Very cute idea. I love it. Thanks for sharing!!!
Poor girl. I hope things are on the mend for your family. I think they are for us as well.

StampinCathy said...

Adorble and they will love to get this sweet homemade goodies from you.

Anonymous said...

Love this idea!! BTW -- did your DD get mine sick via the computer?? heeehee. My little one has been running a 101-103 fever since Sunday!! So glad your girl is feeling better!! Blessings and Hugs!

Anonymous said...

How very cool!! Totally adorable nugget box!! TFS! :)

Cheryl said...

What a fabulous gift idea,I love it!!! I hope your daughter is better soon.

pescbrico said...

This is awesome!!!

Tracey said...

Love this projects Cami! Great gift idea! I hope your girl is feeling better soon. I hate when little ones are sick. As the Mom you just want to make it all better! Take care!! xx

Denise said...

Very cute project.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Super cute, Cami! I love this little box!

Hope the "bugs" are gone from your house soon!

Heidi said...

You know when I want a quick and fun treat idea I can always count on you for it! Thanks!

Kelly said...

Totally cute! Love it!

Becky Jo said...

Just found your blog and LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing such great ideas. This box is just great! Hugs!!