Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Are You Up for a Challenge?



So... I was feeling a bit sorry for myself this morning. The kids had bus issues (substitute missed our house and the boys took off running after it before I could get upstairs to stop them, then the bus didn't come back for my daughter!) I know they didn't realize it's not safe to chase after a bus.... but it scared me to death. Then, had to run the dog to the groomer, hit the grocery store (which I HATE). I'm determined to start dinners in my new crock pot... I have a PILE of work to do..sound familiar?

I get back from the store, unload the groceries, start my dinner, check my email (I'm really not TRYING to put off my work) and I get a notification over at the OCL forums from Barbara. Look what she's up to! I was totally inspired. You KNOW how much I love to make Valentine stuff, so I was thrilled that someone needed some help! Her blog led me to Julie's blog for more information. Now I'm determined to send some cards! I know.. I just said I had a TON of work, but still.... I'm determined to make a card every day or every other day so that I can contribute and send some Cards 4 Kids. You want to play along? :) They can be easy and fun.... I know you can send at least one card!! We can do it... we can make one or more cards right?


I used Lola Love and So In Love stamp sets from Our Craft Lounge. I added some Shazam with my atyou Spica pens and my Sakura Glaze. I used the fabulous Jody foam dots to raise the image a bit. I LOVE those big ole dots! The little heart on her belt is a sticker. It was white, but I colored over the top with my Copic Marker to change it to match her dress. I used the Bright and Pastel Copic set from OCL to do all the coloring.

Supplies:

Stamps: Lola Love, So In Love (Our Craft Lounge)
Paper: Pink Passion, Designer Prints (Stampin Up!), Neenah White, Romance Puppy Love (American Crafts).
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, Bright and Pastel Copic Sets.
Other: Oval Nesties, Cuttlebug, Jody's Foam Dots, White Ribbon (American Crafts), Fiskars Heart Sticker, atyou Spica Pens, Sakura Glaze Pens, Scor-pal.

Okay, so NOW I must get to work before the kids are getting off the bus. :) Have a super day! Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

Tracy said...

Cami,just in case you need some recipes for that new crock pot here are links to some I use often
http://www.recipezaar.com/Meatball-Vegetable-Stew-in-Crock-Pot-85106
http://www.recipezaar.com/Olive-Garden-Pasta-E-Fagioli-Soup-in-a-Crock-Pot-Copycat-31717
http://www.recipezaar.com/Crock-Pot-Chicken-W-Black-Beans-and-Cream-Cheeseyum-89204

And here is a ton more from Recipezaar
http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.php?s_type=%2Frecipes.php&q=crock+pot&Search=Search
Happy cooking!

Memories of Time said...

Oh.... thank you Tracy! YOU ROCK! Man, I NEED to get more organized for dinners! You made my day! :)

Julie Koerber said...

I am so glad that your chaotic morning ended with some fun Valentine thoughts! My mom will be thrilled when she reads this! I mean-- OVER THE TOP-- thrilled! Gosh, can you just see the kiddos grabbing at cards and oooo-ing and ahhhh-ing?? That's what makes me smile big time! Thanks for helping in the effort Cambria!

Tracey said...

This card is adorable Cami!! Good for you for doing your part. I am waiting for some Valentine stamps to arrive and then hope to make a couple myself. Right now I have no Valentine's stamps! Hard to believe I know but I am still a newbie!! :-)

Jody Morrow said...

Awwww that is SO cute! :)

Barbara Schram said...

This such a cute Valetine!

YOU are so cool, Cambria! I have posted the stamp set on my blog that you are sending for yummy blog candy! THANKS so MUCH for your generosity.

Carol said...

This card like all your others is so cute! I am in, I already have the address and I am creating away. This was such a great charity and I am so haooy to see everyone get involved. My little sister spent a lot of time in the hospital as a child fighting cancer (ThankGod she is in remission and college now) so I know this means a lot to the kids.

Anonymous said...

Your creations are so cute! Keep it up! Your post about using your crockpot more made me think of a blog I found the other day....

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

A whole year of crockpot meals.

Thanks for all the inspiration!
Debi
www.WicklessParties.com