Friday, January 2, 2009

Valentine's Day is Approaching!


I know.. we just got through Christmas, but ya know it sneaks up every year! I LOVE making Valentine Cards and gifts! I tend to use hearts and love sentiments all year though.... do you? Or, do you always think Valentines if you see hearts or I love you sentiments?

Remember a few days ago I told you I discovered these cool sticky products from my friend Jody? Well, one of the products she carries is PERFECT for making fast shaker cards. They are sticky foam shapes! They are nested.... in round and square shapes. Talk about easy... I LOVE them! Just peel and stick baby....












Sorry so small.. you have to click on the photo to see them larger, or better yet, click here to check them out over at Jody's blog.


Two cards today! Maybe you'll forgive me for not posting very much lately. Things have just been SO busy for me.

I don't know if you've noticed, but most of the Our Craft Lounge stamp sets include these cool "border" stamps. I love em! They are long, easy to make backgrounds with... easy to line up. This card, I used the Valentine sentiment and the heart border together on one long acrylic block. It took me only seconds to make the background. Again, I will use this XOXO stamp WAY more than just for Valentine's Day. Those hearts too. The heart with the love all over it is popped up using one of Jody's big round foam dots. I stamped directly on the ribbon with Brilliance Graphite Black ink. This is a Crafty Rubber Cling set, but still very easy to line up using acrylic blocks. I lined up the heart with the love in the center easy peasy.

The plain red heart is covered with Royal Red Shimmerz... can you see it?

Pink Card Supplies:

Stamps: True Love (Our Craft Lounge)
Paper: Regal Rose, Pink Bazzill, Basic Black, Neenah White.
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, Copic R81, RV 34.
Other: Silver Micro Beads (SU!), Acetate, Copic Airbrush System, Jody's Sticky Things, Marvy Scallop Punch, Round Nesties, Gingham Ribbon, Silver Cord, Crafter's Tool Kit, Kaiser Jewels, Janome Sew Mini, Scor-Pal.

Red Card Supplies:

Stamps: So In Love (Our Craft Lounge)
Paper: Neenah White, Real Red, Basic Black.
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, Copic Bright Package (R29).
Other: American Craft Ribbon, Jody's Foam Dots, Sakura Glaze pen, Royal Red Shimmerz, Scor-Pal.

So... I just have to share. I'm so exctied. Heidi commented the other day that she saw our stamps in Archivers! I screamed out loud! Thanks for telling me Heidi. I worked so hard making samples for their stores. We do not have Archivers in Oregon. I visited one once when I went to a retreat with friends in WI. It was AWESOME! I cannot believe our stamps are hanging in there! Whooo Hooo! So, if you are near a Archivers and you see our stamps..... tell them you know me and that you love those card samples! SNORT! Just kidding....

Oh, I'm tired... and getting goofy. So, I'll just say thanks for stopping by! Happy New Year! :)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Valentine's Cards!! Of course now I HAVE to get that set too. I really think i might have an addiction problem--guess it could be worse! :-)
Congrats on the Archivers news!!

Basement Stamper said...

The Valentine's Day cards are beautiful. The background stamping looks perfect as if it's paper.

Tracey said...

These cards are just fantastic! LOVE them!!

Kisa Peters said...

I'm pretty sure I could just EAT that shaker card! AWESOME! Both cards ROCK the house! I'm so excited for Archivers! I wish I could go see! I'll have to send my Wisconsin friend over there for me.....to take pictures!!!

Pauline said...

These are great valentine cards, you work so far in advance :o)

Joy said...

love the shaker box...how did you make it round? I can't seem to figure that out. do you make the sticky tape and foam go round too? love the cards!

Allison said...

These are both fantastic. I love the red one especially!

Tiffany said...

Great V-Day cards! Thanks for sharing about that tape. Very cool and makes shaker cards a lot easier.

Happy New Year!

pescbrico said...

Happy New Year to you too :) Very cute card!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, these are so cuuuute!

Jody Morrow said...

Those cards are great! I love the round shaker card! You did GOOOOOOD! :)

I am glad you are liking your sticky stuff. :)

HUGS girlie. :)

jody

DeeDee said...

Oh dang girlie, these are so CUTE!!! Love that shaker card...wow!! So COOL!! HUGS!!!

Bevie Pearl said...

I can't wait to go to ARchivers and see OCL stamps.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Love all the cards and congratulations for having your stamps in Archiver's! There is one in NE, but it is 4 hrs away, so I don't go there.

Anonymous said...

I love your Valentine's Day cards. I love how you made your own background pattern with a phrase stamp. I thot that was a cool idea.

pamhicks said...

I love your stuff as always. i just broke down and got some copic markers though must admit only got 2 colors to do outlining with as a start. i wish i were more color gifted as you (haha). your work always rocks and is such an inspiration. i must start picking up a few markers here and there to start my stash. my name is pam, and i am an addict!!! haha you can tell by looking at my craft/stamping room!!! p