Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Flower For All Seasons Quickie Thank You



Oh yah, you always need thank you's after the Holidays right? Mine are easy this year! I'm ready to start having fun making Valentine stuff. Seriously... maybe it's cuz I can use pink to my heart's content, but I love doing Valentine stuff. :) You've been warned. LOL

I used the set A Flower For All Seasons from Stampin' Up! It was on my first order out of the last catalog. I LOVE it. On the inside I used a thank you sentiment from the set Much Appreciated.... another favorite of mine from Stampin' Up! I'm going to try and get a few more made over the weekend.



I added some Rustic Red Shimmerz to the flower petals to add some shine, along with atyou Spica gold centers. I seriously cannot make a card without adding some shine or
glaze anymore... I think I have a problem.

We've had lots of bad weather lately... no snow, but a lot of rain and wind. My Aunt is coming this weekend to hang with us stampin girls... I cannot wait for our monthly meeting on Monday. I hope the weather lets up so that she can make a safe drive down the coast.

Oh man, and I HAVE to start getting to bed earlier.... Monday the kids go back to school and that means NO more sleeping in. Everyone needs to get to bed earlier..... the holidays are officially coming to and end. You know it's at an end when everyone has to get to bed early so that you can wake up ungrumpy... right? I guess now I have to start to remember what day it is? He he he....

Supplies:

Stamps: A Flower For All Seasons, Heard from the Heart, Stitched Background, Much Appreciated (inside) All stamps from Stampin'Up!
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, Neenah White, Apple Green Bazzill.
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, Copic Markers.
Other: Scor-Pal, Crafter's Tool Kit, Riding Hood Red Tafetta Ribbon, Circle Nesties, Circle Scallop Nesties, Cuttlebug, Jody's Foam Dots (the big fat round ones).

Have a great weekend everyone! Thanks for stopping by!


13 comments:

Michelle L. said...

Your card turned out so pretty! I'm kicking myself for not using that image for my holiday thank yous!

retiredheather said...

Love the card Cami. That is the perfect thank you card.
Hugs
Heather

DeeDee said...

This is so CUTE...love the red and that little bird!! HUGS!!

Anonymous said...

love it, so beautiful beth g

Anonymous said...

Wow, Cami.. great card, fabulous colors! I love this little stamp set, as it has so much potential for the whole year!
Hugs and Happy New Year
Sharon

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Cami!!

Tonya said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! I love that set. It's so versatile and fun but still gives me plenty of coloring and shading opportunities!

Hope to see you Monday for fun sharing and fabulous friendship bonding! =)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I love this card, Cami... the "stitched" background stamp looks great! And I don't think you can ever shimmer and glitter too much! I swear, I'm going to have to break down and buy some shimmerz...

Good luck on Monday (or should I say, Sunday night?). I'm in the same boat... it's back to reality with a bang!

Laurie in MN said...

I came to say thank you for donating to Andrea's blog.

I am gong to look forward to seeing the Valentine cards you create. That is the hardest holiday for me to make cards although I own many great V-theme stamps and punches.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE this one! Don't you just think those sentiment stamps are beautiful? I have that set and use it all the time. I love the colors too.

Anonymous said...

I love this card! But as with most examples I wonder what you suggest for inside? Are you stamping white on the red?

Unknown said...

RetiredPJ..... I cut a piece of white 4x4, then I stamped the top portion of the stamp (the flowers only) across the bottom, then colored in one flower in the bottom corner. I added the Thank You sentiment, then glued it in so that it has a nice red border. :)

Karinn said...

I love this color combo, always my favorite. I really like how you used the double scallop in red and black. The black really makes the card *pop* Such a pretty card :0)