Monday, January 12, 2009

Ghirardelli Love You Much Box


These little boxes are so much fun and easy! I first got the pattern on SUDSOL a few years ago, but it held only one Chirardelli Chocolate, then later, I *think* it was Chi Chi Allen who came up with this version that held three.

These are SO perfect for handing out to teachers, or coworkers. Who doesn't like Ghirardelli chocolate?

The scalloped image is from the Valentine Bundle from Stampin' Up. I stamped the image, then colored the heart and little dots using my blender pen and ink from the Red Hood Red Classic Ink pad. I then used the 1 inch Circle Punch to cut out the center. I glued the rest of the scallop onto a black circle (made with the 1 3/4 inch Circle Punch), then popped up the center portion with a Jody Circle Foam Dot! I added Sakura Black Glaze to the dots in the heart, so they look embossed.

This seriously took all of five minutes! I used the background stamp called Stitched, but you could also use roller wheels or stamps to make any background. This one is held closed by the ribbon, but you could use those cool magnetic snaps too! When you open the inside, I made a little notch in the front with the Designer Label Punch so that you can see the chocolate and grab them with ease.

I don't know what I did with the directions from Chi Chi, I took one apart that I had made up previously. So, I'll tell you how I made this, and write a tutorial later in the week if you need one.

  • Cut your cardstock 4.5 x 8
  • Score the short end in 1 inch on each side.
  • Score the long side at 2inches, 3 inches, 5 inches and 6 inches.
  • On the score lines that you made at five and six inches, cut on those lines until you reach the vertical score. That makes two tabs
  • On the two and three inch score lines, cut in to the first score line, then flip it, and also cut down the vertical line. So, three inches on each side the flaps will be gone.
  • Stamp and fold your box.

I hope that made sense. I will post a photo tomorrow or later today if I can. Thanks for stopping by! I will be back later today to draw a winner for the blog candy. Oh my.. you guys ROCK! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the recipes! Thank you SOOOOO much! My crock is gonna rock baby! LOL. You make my days with the sweet comments! I wish I had enough Copics to share with everyone.

See ya soon!

16 comments:

Tiffany said...

Adorable box! This will make a great little Valentines Day gift for someone.

Anonymous said...

Oh your Ghirardelli box is absolutely beautiful. What wonderful use of the scalloped stamp and stitched BG stamp! Thanks for the tutorial and details!

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Cammie!! This would make a great gift!

DeeDee said...

Oh how cute and RED too....I love this little box....what a grand idea for a sweet treat for a friend or coworker!!! TFS Cami!! HUGS!!

Nap Mom said...

I am always looking for cute boxes to hold the Girl Scout badges at the awards ceremonies. This would be perfect!

Anonymous said...

Love the beautiful box!! My mind is whirring with possibilities of who I can make these for! Thanks for sharing! Blessings and hugs!!

Anonymous said...

these are adorable boxes! I may have to try these! I love them, thanks for sharing. Blessings. Renee

Jeanne said...

What a darling box! I would love to make these for my neighbors and close friends. Thank you for sharing the directions...now to create.

Jody Morrow said...

That is totally cute! :) Love it. :)

Anonymous said...

And just who doesn't adore another darling chocolate presentation?!? No one on this planet, that's for sure! It's another fabboo Cami project to LOVE!

Vicki G said...

THis is just the sweetest...the sweetest........like you!!!!

Vicki

Sassy Runner Girl said...

Oh love this box.. good for any everyday i love you!
I nominated you for an award here:
http://precociouscrafter.blogspot.com/2009/01/wonderful-day-and-award.html
Thanks for sharing your life and talent with us!

lifesabeach32940 said...

Oh, I LOVE this box. It is AWESOME!! If you do have the time and inclination ... I'd love to see a tutorial!! :)

Thanks, once again, for sharing your talent and creativity!!



Judy

Anonymous said...

How cute!! What a lovely treat box!! :) TFS!!

Anonymous said...

This is precious! I don't think it took me even 5 minutes to recreat it. I will be making these for my kiddos to give to their classmates for Valentine's. I am putting a little box of Nerds in them and in some I will put packages of Valentine's Sweet Tarts. Thanks so much for sharing! I was in a little slump as to what to do and now I know thanks to you!

lisa808 said...

I so loved this box I made one and posted it on my blog with a link back to you:

http://craftingwithprincesslisa.blogspot.com/2009/02/valentine-ghirardelli-chocolate-holder.html

Thanks so much for sharing this.