Friday, January 9, 2009

Bubs is Going to Cards 4 Kids!



I tried to make him not so girlie so maybe one of the boys would want to send this one out for Valentine's Day. I had an idea with using Pat the Dog, but didn't have time today to get to it. I already had Bubs colored so this is what I did for today. I'm determined to get at least 15 cards sent off! Four down, eleven to go.... but I might even be able to get more done! Wish me luck!

I used the set Bubs the Beaver from Our Craft Lounge. I colored him with Copic Markers. The paper is from American Crafts called Recess... it's from the Kid's line. The cute little frog is raised up with one of Jody's Foam Dots... love those suckers! The heart is cut out from the paper. It's layered on a piece of Riding Hood Red from Stampin' Up! and mounted on a Whisper White card base. I added all kinds of sparkle and shine with my atyou Spica Pens and Sakura Glaze Pens. I know, you are probably sick of me using them, but honestly, I can't stop. Cards just don't seem finished to me anymore without them!

I'm trying to keep the layers small so that there won't be any additional postage in case the kids are mailing thier cards. I guess maybe I should ask about that.

So, what do you say? Can you make a card or two for some kids? Check out the links in the previous post... they are also giving away some great blog candy!

I had a awesbomb day yesterday! Thanks for the wishes! I'm taking off and heading to Eugene with my Mom tomorrow.... I'm looking forward to some girl time. I love having my Mom to myself for four hours in the car... unterrupted! whooo hooo!

Have a super weekend everyone! Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheers for Bubs!!
He's tooooo CUTE, Cami!

Anonymous said...

hi there - thanx 4 a fab blog
i think i went through it all... it took me some time... :-)
u r very creative...
so very... that i posted u as my inspiration... u r 1 of my favourite bloggers...

Tracey said...

This is fantastic Cami! Bubs is too cute!!

DeeDee said...

Bubs sure is cute Cami!!! A great card for a great cause!!! HUGS!!

Norine said...

this is super cute love Bubs
Hugs
Norine

Anonymous said...

Cambria your Valentine cards are adorable and I am so glad you are sending some off to the Cards 4 Kids! I sent 8 off to Pat last week. I did a blog candy for her cause a few months ago and it was a lot of fun!!

Sharon Harnist said...

Cami, your Valentines (and Bub) are adorable and I hope you had a wonderful birthday!! Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!

Diane said...

Cute~Cute~Cute!!!!

Tiffany said...

Happy belated b-day! Hope it was a good one. Adorable card here. The kids are going to love them!

Doodah said...

Hi Cambria LOVE your stamp sets they're just to darn cute!! I'm going to order some!!

p.s.: Roseanne said that you were the BEST copic marker re-filler?!!!! Can I bring my Lipstick red over for a fill??? LOL

HUGS~

joslyn said...

really cute cards love all the valentines cards lately. i think i will need to get Lola love, since i have a Lola.

Kay's Creative Corner said...

Bubs is so cute!! I am sure he will put a smile on someone face!!!

Jody Morrow said...

That card is SO cute! Pretty coloring! You are a master!

Anonymous said...

Love Bubs!! Thanks for sharing your creativity!! Blessings and Hugs!!

Michele Kovack said...

THis is soooo cute!!! HEy, I saw these at Archivers today!!!! Yea for you!!! Had to buy one! : )

Bethany Paull said...

Bubs is so cute with his little frog friend! Love the sentiment in that heart.

Angela said...

Your Valentines are SO cute!!! Makes the ones I am sending in for Cards 4 Kids way plain in comparison!! I love your blog! You are truly an inspiring crafter!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cami, I mailed off 22 cards and card fronts to Pat on friday. I found out she takes non V-tines cards and card fronts too. Several cards were perfect for older kids V-tines. Love your Bub....would cheer anybody up :-) TFS

Gina Wrona said...

oh, so cute! I can't wait to get started on my cards to send to Pat!

Hugs,
Gina