Friday, January 25, 2008

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #32



Wow... it's Friday again! Another crazy week! Can you believe that January is almost over?

It's time again for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge!! I did not follow the sketch exactly.. but I think it's close enough to pass, you think?

Have you seen the spring stamps from Stampendous? Oh my.... talk about adorable!! I don't have these, but a sweet friend stamped me some images... now I think I *NEED* them. I'm thinking I could ink up just that flower and the happy for other cards.... yah, that's it.

The pretty pearls on the egg are Pastel Raspberry Liquid Pearls. I got some for my birthday along with some new Copics too. LOVE those liquid pearls. The ribbon is the new striped ribbon from Stampin'Up! along with the designer paper.

Here's Beate's sketch! Hope you will play along this weekend. If you upload to SCS, remember to put the keyword WSC32 into the keyword section so we can all see your creation!

The Recipe:

Stamps : Blossom Egg, Spring Flower (Stampendous)
Paper: Pretty In Pink, Whisper White, Spring Fling Designer Series Paper (Stampin'Up!)
Ink: Palette Noir Black, Copics
Other: Liquid Pearls (Pastel Raspberry), Baby Blue Stickles, White Uniball Gel Pen, Sakura Glitter Pen, Striped Bashful Blue Ribbon, Crafter's Tool Kit, Dimensionals, Janome Sew Mini, Scor-Pal.

Don't forget to check out all the the other weekend sketch bloggers!!!

Charmaine Ikach
Jenn Balcer
Laurie Schmidlin
Lori Craig
MaryJo Albright
Sharon Harnist


Again, on a personal note, I can't thank you all enough for your support and emails this week. I'm very behind on my email, so please forgive me if I haven't responded to you yet. Oregon has a one bite law. Which means for me, since the owners of the dog rent, that the owner of the property has to be aware that the dog is vicious in order for me to turn in any expenses to landlord's home owner's insurance. I have notified the owner of the house, along with all my neighbors, about the attack and that the dog is back in our neighborhood. One time that dog is seen off a leash and I'm sure they will be charged again. I also heard other stories of more bite attempts by this dog. I cannot believe she screamed at me that their dog is not violent.

On a positive note, I got a phone call yesterday from a very brave woman in my area who actually fought to get all dog owners to be responsible for medical expenses in OR, despite the one bite law. She had her lips bitten off by a dog when she leaned in to give a friend a hug and didn't know there was a dog in the vehicle. She continues to have many surgeries ahead of her. Because of her dedication, I am, by OR law, entitled to my medical expenses and can take them to small claims court. At this point, my main concern is to get the dog out of our neighborhood so that my kids can feel safe again. She also gave me some other steps I can take to do that. Sara Weidenhaft is my hero.

Baylor had his stitches removed yesterday. He he is healing up very nicely. I am seeing my guy return too. :) I've learned a lot through this ordeal, and I tell you, I am feeling incredibly blessed that it wasn't worse and that his brother was there to help get the dog off. I also learned that if I had reported the other bite attempts to animal control, that the dog would not have been returned to them. I feel very guilty about that. I was trying to keep peace and be a good neighbor and made the assumption that they would be responsible after seeing their dog attempt to bite. From now on, I will insist that people keep their dogs on leashes and you can bet if EVER I see a dog even so much as growl at my kids, I am reporting it. I realize most dog owners are very responsible and I know we love our dog like part of our family, but attacking children (or anyone) cannot be tolerated.... even if it's chasing them on their bikes or nipping at pant cuffs.

Boy am I ready for the weekend! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and that you have some stampin time! After all, that makes a good weekend right? Thanks for stopping by!


~Cambria

18 comments:

Jennifer Aviles said...

BEAUTIFUL card, and much, much love, my friend. To you and your whole family. And I have words for your neighbor, but well. . . .you know me ;). HUGS! I'm so proud of you, girl!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

So an adorable card, Cami! Those colors are just beautiful! So sorry to hear about the dog attack. . oh my goodness! That's awful. . .and sorry about the neighbor, just unbelievable!

Lori Craig said...

Shazaaam! Absolutely beautiful...love your coloring! And your take on the sketch. You've been in my prayers this week. I am glad that you have gotten to a more peaceful place, though this whole situation just stinks for you and your family. Like Jenn, I am proud of your proactive approach to getting the folks to accept responsiblity. Big hugs, sweetie... I'm thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Cami, your card is gorgeous! It's so cold here today but your card gets me in the Spring mood!
I am so glad Bailey is healing well now.
I am excited for you that Sara contacted you and gave you tips and hints about what to report/look out for/do with the dog situation!
Big cyber hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!

dpkennedy said...

This card is so pretty! I am so sorry about the nasty dog and I hope your son feels better.

Kim said...

VERY CUTE!! Just love those colors together!

Joy said...

Cami, I can't tell you how much I LOVE this!!!!! The colors are so pretty and Beate gave a GREAT layout!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Baylor is doing well and glad that you were contacted and offered supportive words.

Your card....Simply Beautiful. So bright and full of details. Can't wait for winter to pass.

Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

HOLY FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! This is BEYOND AWESBOMB!!!! You know I love ya! :)

Debbie said...

Your cards and projects are amazing!! On the dog/neighbor saga, wow! I totally agree with you....hopefully your son will be able to overcome his fear. Best wishes to you and your family.

Alex said...

What an adorable card! I love the springy feel to this, the bright, cheery colors, it truly rocks!!

Glad to hear that things are improving with your dog situation and that your son is doing well! Have a great weekend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Cami! Oh my gosh! I just read all your posts about B! I am so upset at it all and I am SO glad that he is doing much better. (((BIG HUGS))) for you all, you're handling the situation VERY well.

On a card note, I love this! Big surprise, huh? *wink*

Love ya, Cami!!!!

Anonymous said...

The OWNERS of that dog are the BIGGEST problem. Especially with the fact that the owner told(yelled at) you that the dog isn't violent. Okay, can you at least accept responsibility for your dog??!!?? I mean, come on. They have been SO LUCKY that it hasn't been any worse, yet. God forbid. I am happy to hear your son is doing better physically. Emotionally/pschycologically I can only imagine what it has done to him. I hope he heals in that sense too. I pray that noone else gets hurt by this dog.
On another note, I do check you blog on a regular basis because I LOVE your work. You are an ispiration to us all!! Thank you for blessing us with your talent!

Anonymous said...

OH MAN!!! This card is the embodiment of Springtime beauty!!! I love the soft colors...and that yummy striped ribbon! MMMmmmm MMMmmmm!!!

I am SO sorry to hear about what happened to Bailey! HUGE hugs for both of you!!!

Michele Kovack said...

Gorgeous Spring card!!! I am sooooo ready for it to be spring. I didn't realize your son got bitten. How awful! I sure hope he is doing better.....

Silke Ledlow said...

I'm so happy to hear that Baylor is doing much better!!!

Your card is beautiful!!! I like the Stampendous Sets - they are way to cute!!!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear Baylor is doing better. I am sure he will be fine but expect him to be afraid of dogs, as we all would be. I am glad to see some spring in the air!!!!! Thanks, it is a beautiful card.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Cambria, hope your little boy feels better soon.

Jennifer :)

PS Maybe you could get some pepper spray for the you and the family, you might need to use it on your neighbors &/or dog :)