Saturday, January 12, 2008

Monkey Admirer



Oh, man.... I adore these cute little monkeys!!! Remember a while back when eP had that Stampendous Coterie Special? All those adorable stamps inside the can? Well... I've been neglecting my poor little monkeys and bugs. My friend Lana sent me the most ADORABLE card with the monkey and the flowers... and my friend Mounds made THE cutest card for her blog. They pushed me over the edge and now all I want to do is stamp monkeys! Monkeys, monkeys, monkeys... they are SO cute! I used two stamps on this card, one with the monkey and the flowers/vine(Changito Bouquet)
, and the other with his tongue sticking out (Changito Loco) .

This card is another gate fold... the instructions are on the back of my Scor-pal packaging, but I was finally pushed over the edge by my friend Leslie to make one.... she made a totally dreamy card. Now, I'm addicted to this fold with designer paper. This paper is from Chatterbox called PC Scarlet Summer Dots. It's SO nice and thick you don't need any other card stock. I turned this one on it's side, and like Leslie's card, added the little hodgepodge piece to keep it closed.

On the inside, I added that adorable monkey again and the sentiment. I inked up the flowers from the Changito Bouquet stamp and added them in the corners.

All the coloring was done with my Pure Color Pencils from Stampin' Up! I outlined the images with a Copic Marker that was in the Copic eSsentials bag from eP (BG10).

Here is the recipe:

Stamps: Changito Bouquet, Changito Loco, Crazy About You, Secret Admirer (Stampendous)
Paper:
Chatterbox called PC Scarlet Summer Dots, Bashful Blue, Shimmery White, Barely Banana, Blue Bayou.
Ink: Burnt Umber Palette, Pure Color Pencils (Stampin'Up!), Copic eSsentials.
Other: Hodgepodge Hardware Kit (Stampin'Up!), Grosgrain Ribbon, Colored Brads, 1/2 inch Circle Punch, Designer Label Punch, 3/4 inch Circle Punch, Sticky Strip, Stampendous Matte White Scalloped Postcards, Stampendous Class A Peel Stickers (center of the flowers... LOVE those shiny stickers!!), Crafter's Tool Kit, Janome Sew Mini, Score-Pal, Sakura Glaze Pen.

Hope you are having a great weekend! The sun has finally popped out on the OR coast... I hope it stays out for awhile today. My Stampin'Up! ordered arrived!! I can't wait to monkey around with my new stuff!! *giggle*

Thanks for stopping by!!
~Cambria



20 comments:

Joani McDonald said...

Love this! I need this set, I call my DD "monkeybutt" I know, silly ~ but it's her nickname!
GREAT WORK!!!
Hugs,
Joani

pescbrico said...

WOW, this card is simply outstanding! I love it!

Beth said...

GOOD LORD GERT!

Joy said...

Oh Cami! This is so stinkin' cute! You always knock me on my *you know what*.

Sew Club said...

This is adorable! Love this card!

Bevie Pearl said...

OMW. Cute can't get any better than this.

Jennifer Meyer said...

I just LOVE this card Cambria and I too used my Janome today. Thanks for your gorgeous cards and inspiration.

Have a great weekend, Jennifer :)

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

LOVE the monkeys! I love how you added a monkey on the front - love the monkey inside - love the flowers inside - love the sideways gate. LOVE

Sherry Cheever said...

ADORABLE and such a fabulous layout for a cute valentine!

rhonda said...

OMG, I love this card! When I saw the monkey pail on your blog when it was for sale I just knew I had to have it! Now, I'm excited to INK IT UP!! :0)
Your card and your blog is great! I enjoy reading it daily!

Anonymous said...

What a cute card! Love it!

Nicole said...

These MONKEYS are hilarious! Wonderful cardart!

Carolyn King said...

I love those monkeys love how you have another inside the card. TOO adorable

Anonymous said...

Those monkeys are so cute and that card is adorable!

Laura Roth said...

Wow that is an incredible card!!!! I love it. Those monkeys are addictive--I want them :) Also, I want to let you know that you should check out my blog...I've nominated you for an award :)

Dawn Easton said...

Oh super cute!!! GREAT DP too! Love that fold!

Christina Fischer said...

This is so flippin' cute!! I love those monkeys!

Anonymous said...

Adorable Cambria! What fun this card would be to send and to receive!

dpkennedy said...

I love these little monkeys...I have a few and I haven't used them in so long..you have inspired me to pull them out! Great card!!

Rose Ann said...

These little guys are soooo cute!! I love your card!!